so happy that I got the sleeve

debbie5656
on 6/4/11 8:44 am - TX
 I had the sleeve surgery May 31 and I feel wonderful.  It was a real good experience.  Dr. T Scarborough did a great job. I am a little sore but so happy.  Once i lose the lbs. i will be able to play tennis with grand daughter and get in a kayak without wondering if i am gonna fit or how i am gonna get out.  I will be able to ride in a plane without asking for a seat belt extension.  It is totally an awesome experience.  Good luck to everyone in the adventure. 
Loving Life
BriarRose
on 6/4/11 9:12 am
Welcome to the losers bench ! I'll scoot down and make room for you !!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
debbie5656
on 6/4/11 10:48 am - TX
Thanx ... wonderful.  happy to be a part of the losers bench.
Loving Life
luvitaly
on 6/4/11 9:36 am
Hi Debbie,I needed to hear you say that you are glad you had the surgery.   My surgery date is June 20th. I am nervous, thinking about the foods I will miss, and the post op recovery, but like you I am also thinking about fitting into the plane seat, going white water rafting without tipping the boat over, and just looking forward to a long and healthy life.If i can jsut wrap my mind around the fact that I will not be able to eat what I want, when I want :(
CJCC55
on 6/4/11 10:38 am - Cleveland, TN
On the contrary,  I think that I do eat what I want, when I want.  (At least most of the time.)
You will see as you progress on this journey, that you do not want as much, and you will be sooooooo glad that you did it.  It's like a dream come true.  To be able to take control of your life again, and to be satisfied with less.

I realize it takes a while to get to that point, but that is why it is considered a journey or a process of relearning and adjustment. 

I am so excited for you, as you are preparing for the changes. 

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

luvitaly
on 6/5/11 7:15 am
Thanks for the encouragement!!!!
debbie5656
on 6/4/11 10:42 am - TX
debbie5656
on 6/4/11 10:45 am - TX
we all got there from food and we will all get where we want with less food.
I have conditioned my mind to think when i see sweets and fattening foods I really like,
i think cellulite and remember when I went to lane bryant and the biggest size did not fit.
that helps me.  Keep your chin up and dreams come true....
Here is a guardian angel for you

Loving Life
Loving Life
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views