What is your NSV?

Stephalicous
on 6/13/11 3:54 am
It's been a fantastic bumpy road for me! But I wouldnt change it for the world.  I love my sleeve and all of you guys! 
 Just had my first NSV monment resently and wanted to share it with you guys and see what yours were!

My biggest NSV was by far realizing my clothes in my closet no longer fit. I suppose in my mind they fit fine but then one day I was going through boxes and found a bunch of old ( smaller) clothes. And I tried on a pair of pants( not expecting at all that they would fit) and they FIT! And not even tight, just snug. I almost started crying right there! My husband started laughing and called me a crybaby jokingly. Then said we need to go through our closet and throw it all away! But because I just couldn't believe that the clothes were just to big now, I had to try on everything. And to my complete surprise, I was left with about 3 shirts that just barely fit right. Ok ok just to put in perspective, these clothes were ranging from size 20-24 pant and 2 xl in shirts. The old smaller clothes are size 14 pants and m-l in shirts!!!!! :D I think that was the first time I really seen what was staring back to me in the mirror. And I loved it! Thank goodness that I kept all my smaller clothes cause I'm safe for a while from shopping!

Anyone want to share a recent NSV?

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 3:59 am
My biggest recently is noticing my belly is shrinking, especially when I'm sitting in the car! I can look down and my breasts are sticking out further than anything below them!! (Still can't see my toes yet, but it'd getting better!) I've lost my belly-shelf!

I feel you on the clothes thing! I had a bunch of jeans that I kept in hopes of fitting into them, and now I do.. some are getting loose, and a pair of nice green khaki's that I haven't been able to wear in YEARS I was able to comfortably wear yesterday!
VSG-LessOfMe
on 6/13/11 4:30 am - FL
 I had just bought a pair of size 12 shorts (was THRILLED they fit).  Then like a week later I noticed them were kinda big and giving me the saggy, looks like you pooped your pants, butt.  So I thought, what the hell, let me go to the store and try on some size 10's.  I go to Kohl's and much to my surprise the size 10's fit.  I wanted to scream and do a happy dance right there!  I don't have any size 10 clothes, except for the capris I bought that day (last time I fit into this size was in 10th grade)...so maybe some clearance shopping is in my future...

HW: 260 ~ Start Pre-Op Diet: 248 ~ Surgery Day: 238 ~ CW: 154.8

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 7:08 am
Last week we were at WalMart and my husband had bought several bags of cat/dog food and other large items we like to get in bulk, so he went ahead and paid for it and took it out to the truck then came back in to help me thru the line with my smaller grocery purchases.   I was waiting in line and he came up to me and said he couldn't find me at first because he was looking at me from behind and my butt was so much smaller that he didn't think it was me....!I was so thrilled I grilled him a steak for dinner! 
bc32084
on 6/13/11 7:22 am - VA
i love that story...tell it at all future anniversary parties!!!

bc32084
on 6/13/11 7:22 am - VA
what does NSV stand for?
(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 7:26 am
It stands for "NON SCALE VICTORY"  in other words a victory that isn't just weight loss by your scale but something that happend as a result of your weight loss, fit into smaller pants/blouse, moved the seat up on the car, fit on a ride at the amusement park etc....all are wonderful and we like hearing about them as they encourage us.
Stephalicous
on 6/13/11 7:49 am
I love this! Isn't it funny that we know logically that all this is going to happen but it still surprises us when it happens? I will say it's the best feeling in the world to have a non expected good surprise.

I say good surprises because I have had my share of bad surprises...like when you put something on you haven't wore in a while and realize you can't pull it all the way up or button it.

So yeah YAY!! For god surprises!!
Crimson
on 6/13/11 8:54 am - MD
 My NSV's have just been the usuals:

-pants too big
-compliments from folks
-starting to see collar bone

HW: 271 lbs.     SW: 255 lbs.     GW: 150 lbs.    
Shari H.
on 6/13/11 9:18 am - MI
 Had my very first NSV today 

Went to a local open-air mall today with my girls (21 and 16).  In the past, walking here, I'd have to stop every couple of minutes to rest my aching back and catch my breath.  Today, I walked the entire length of the place with the girls, back and forth, and never had any problem at all.

Just had my VSG on 6/6, but had lost some poundage before that, so I'm down 40 lbs from my high point.  It is great to be able to have this positive result already!

Yippee!   
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
Most Active