I indulged yesterday....and....

BriarRose
on 6/15/11 4:58 am
I admit it.  Was at Disneyland yesterday with my teen daughter (we are annual pass holders) and I usually am sooooo good.  I usually bring my own food.  But yesterday we were meeting a group of friends, and were going with out planning.....so I didn't have my food with me.  I had to ad lib.   And.......

Yesterday, I indulged in a scoop of mocha almond fudge ice cream. 

Now, for some this might seem TERRIBLE.  For some this might trigger an ice cream orgy.  But for me, it was another victory; and I will tell you why.  I ordered a single scoop. Not a hot fudge sundae, not a banana split, not a cookie sundae, and not even a waffle cone.  I was hot, and I wanted an ice cream.  It was delicious, it hit the spot.  My daughter eyed my ice cream and mentioned that it looked lonely in the cup -- while she slurpped up something dripping out of a huge waffle cone.  I enjoyed each and every bite.  I realized that about 3/4th of the way through it, that I really could be done, so I threw the rest away.  DID YOU HEAR THAT ? I TOSSED OUT PERFECTLY GOOD ICE CREAM.

I am proud to say that I realize my relationship with food is changing.  It's changing when I don't even know it, and that is a really good thing.  I was looking at the menu items, and in my head was "I can't eat all that, that's too much, I don't want all that food"  A totally different tune than used to be in my head.  

And yes, we met friends for a tradtional corn dog lunch.  I ate one bite of the coating and dog; then peeled the rest of the coating off, and ate about half the hot dog.  Everyone was happy to eat my "fried leftovers" -- I was happy dipping a hot dog in mustard.  Dinner ? I ordered a kid's meal at the southern fried chicken place.  Peeled the fried off, ate the drumstick. 

I am almost a year into this journey -- having started a pre op program last August from my HMO.  This is a lifestyle change, and I"m doing it one meal, one snack at a time. 
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
jfab1978
on 6/15/11 5:13 am - CA
We really need a like button!! LIke LIke LIke!!!

Crunchy As Can Be
on 6/15/11 5:19 am - NY
Keep on keepin' on-- you sound like you're doing great!! I draw inspiration from stories like this!!!
 ~~Emily~~

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/11 5:37 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
That's awesome, girl! Nothing like self-control!!!
Could_It_Be
on 6/15/11 5:42 am
To me, who only wants to be normal, this sounds perfectly NORMAL!

YAY!
Mrs Vermonica
P.Correre

on 6/15/11 5:54 am
good self con troll way to go .
Jenny C.
on 6/15/11 5:58 am

Way to go!  How wonderful to experience a more healthful relationship to food. 

Yesterday at a restaurant known for their burgers and fish and chips, I ordered a prawn ****tail and side of spinach.  Plus 1 french fry from my daughter's plate.  I loved my meal, enjoyed the fry, but didn't want any more.  Yay, sleeve!

Kristy R.
on 6/15/11 6:10 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Wonderful success!  This is a perfect example of how we can enjoy things in life.  It's all about moderation, good for you!  I am one of those who believes in a treat (although not yet for me, surgery still being recent).  I believe if you don't treat yourself, you become obsessed and then you REALLY go overboard due to deprivation.  Wonderful job on your other food choices too!  I am so happy thinking about you trotting all over Did-nee-land enjoying yourself in every way.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Crimson
on 6/15/11 6:40 am - MD
Same thing happened to me. I got some frozen yogurt, less than half a cup. Taste so good, after about 4 splinting I said "I don't need to eat the rest" and tossed it

I was more upset that I spent money on it and didnt fini****! lol

More power to you!!

HW: 271 lbs.     SW: 255 lbs.     GW: 150 lbs.    
ccbelle14
on 6/15/11 6:42 am - Minneapolis, MN
I love this!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views