I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Primyzia
on 6/27/11 7:33 am
VSG on 08/09/11 with
OK so I told everybody about my surgery date 8/9 so I was talking to my wonderful nurse Tina and I was asking her about chantix because I told you guys I want to quit smoking  so she told me that she was going to call me on Wednesday because she might move me up to July12 OMG  its not 100% and I'm already FREAKING OUT!!! 
maybe I'm not ready for this???
I was lil mad because it was 8/9 and its too far away and now she said it might be earlier I'm seriously FREAKING OUT!!!! 
Am I being a baby???
I would probably feel the same 2 weeks b4 8/9 if the date doesn't change right??? 
I never had surgery and I have a son (my baby)(16years old) what if something happens to me???
he will be without me and he is not going to be fine without hes mom!!!
i have good and bad feelings about this!!! I don't even know what the right feelings are!!!!
HELP ME!!!!!
I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack and its not even 100% it will be in 2 weeks but it sounds like it is
please tell me I'm a baby and I'm over reacting!!!
TELL ME TRUTH did you feel this way??? or do you feel this way???

http://youtu.be/Ax77weY-2D4       http://youtu.be/VYj-ru_iIVk 
            http://youtu.be/gE9e0k0u6xE     http://youtu.be/RgbP3MllMQ0 

felicity2u
on 6/27/11 7:42 am - LA
First stop, breath in, breath out and repeat, lol! You will be just fine, we all have these freak out moments. If your surgery is moved up, just think of it as you will be getting healthier a few months earlier in your life.   Just think of your son if you didn't do this surgery?  How long will you be around going down the road that you are on right now?  You have a higher chance of dying from cigarettes and smoking then you do from the sleeve surgery.   I don't mean to sound harsh and I know how you feel because I also quit smoking right before my surgery.  You need to stop and make a list of all the positive things this surgery will do for you and a list of negative and realize how this surgery will save your life and keep you son from losing a mother! Again, don't mean to sound mean or harsh in anyway, just some tough love because I know how much you will love your new sleeve and in a few months you will be singing it's praises, lol.  You can do this! Stay strong!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Kelley_S
on 6/27/11 7:44 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/23/10 with
everyone goes through this. Afterwards, everyone tends to have the same regret. "why didn't I do this sooner?" now you have the opportunity to do that.

The mortality rate for this surgery is less than .1% according to my surgeon.

Take a deep breath and think about all of the reasons you WANT to do this and focus on that.

Angela.62
on 6/27/11 7:49 am
MY surgery is on July 5th and I have those freak out moments as well .. judging from what I've read on this forum though I think everyone tends to have those moments pre-surgery .. I'm sure your surgery will be great and all will go well and you'll be freaking out in a months about why you were freaking out!  Or something ;)

Don't forget to breath ;)
megamommy
on 6/27/11 8:15 am
I m freaking out too and mine is in September. I think for the same reasons(my kids) I have just decided im going to get heavy does of anxiety meds when i get there and take someone with me that wont let me chicken out
We can do this!

lucy2e
on 6/27/11 8:17 am - Laurel, MD
Like everyone said - we all go thru this - it's ok!  I totally get the freak out over your son - I feel the same way about my 20 yo daughter!  But you are going to be ok - look at your surgeons complication rate - really low right.  It's ok!

The best advice I can give you is stop the smoking now - your lungs need to be healthy!  That is the only thing you need to worry about right now.  Good luck!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Could_It_Be
on 6/27/11 8:29 am
I totally felt the same way!!

Just focus on quitting the cigs! Every time I freaked out I would talk to my husband about it- do you have some support that will just listen? He was always good about hearing me but then asking me what if I don't do it. I would then realize that I had to do it.

I went back and forth so many times and frankly the morning of the surgery I just stuck my head in the sand and refused to think about all the "what ifs" and just go forward.

Then I woke up and thought OMG it's done.

You'll be ok!

VSG on 6/22/11
roundater
on 6/27/11 8:44 am - Lincoln, NE
If it is like mine you have nothing to be nervous about. I had mine on 6/10 with minimal discomfort (pain was only a 3 on the 10 scale) and it was gone after 2 days. Honestly had more discomfort going to the dentist than this. Feel fine and as if I could go back to work except for the lifting restriction (10 lbs). Will see the surgeon tomorrow and and may get lifted. Good luck and let me know how it comes out.
Rich Sonderegger

koshermama
on 6/27/11 8:53 am
I know how you feel! I have my moments... One minute it's soooo far away, the next minute I'm like, what am I thinking?? And then the next minute, what if they have to postpone it because my insurance drags their feet?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
urmisnshin2
on 6/27/11 1:13 pm - TX

My surgery is this Wed, and YES! I feel the exact same way. Crazy thing is I'm going to do it anyway...I figure once I get there I'll cry all the way to being put to sleep..it's just nerves and it's normal. I know too many people who have done too well to back out now...and if i do back out, a month from now I'll be bawling because I'm fat and miserable and feel so bad.
and I quit smoking too!...If I can do it ..anyone can!!
Good Luck!!
Pam

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views