How long?

Candy0081
on 6/27/11 5:05 am
I am a few days out and I was wondering how long it took you all to eat a meal?  And how long until you didn't burp with every bite or sip?  

I ate too fast last night and all of my soup (2oz) and pudding (2oz) and meds came right back up.  It was a miserable experience which then lead to a horrible night's sleep.  I am 4 days out and still feeling pretty rotten. 

Thanks for any help.  

Ms. Poker Face
on 6/27/11 5:10 am
I was posting about something similar when you posted this!  I am day 5 post op and the burping has changed a lot in the last two days.  It went from burping every other sip to burping every 4 oz or so.  So much better!

I haven't been cleared for pudding yet and broth didn't sit well with me yesterday, but I haven't thrown up.  Sorry for your poor experience with that last night.  I can imagine it really sucks.

I was MISERABLE for the first 4 days but today is noticeably better.  I'm sure I'll have some more ucky days this week, but everyone says it gets better.  Hang in there!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

needtotakeitoff
on 6/27/11 5:29 am - Canada
I had my sleeve plication June 3rd. I am still having trouble remembering that I have to have small sips and small bites and to swallow slowly.
I have had the same problem as you mentioned.
I think it's a matter of retraining myself to slow down. I find if I eat a small amount of whatever I'm eating get up, leave it, then come back to it. I don't get heartburn or feel as stuff.
blakereimert
on 6/27/11 5:34 am - TX
Congrats on your surgery. I am two weeks out and the best advise I can give is to go slow. The most important thing for you at this stage is to stay hydrated. Be very careful about this as it can land you back in the hospital. it is okay at this point to fore-go soup for water and I would hold off on the pudding just yet. About 5 days out I tried some yogurt. I ate two tablespoons and was up all night feeling full and nauseous. Your tummy can only hold 2-3 oz at a time now. The second you feel full, put it up. Its a strange feeling to do that when all of our lives we have eaten beyond fullness. Go slow, push fluids, walk, walk, walk.... Someone on here told me even if you just walk around the dining room table 20 times, the walking will help settle the food you have ingested and help with the gas.

Good luck and I hope you feel better very soon!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views