post-op day 4...still in pain?

nursejlo
on 7/2/11 10:30 pm
Hi guys. My surf was Wednesday and I am still having to take pain mess. I also have not had a bn yet since Tuesday. I see so many people say that their pain was fine after 2-3 days. Is it still ok to have pain. Im walking 4 times a day on my block....please advise.
roseselene
on 7/2/11 10:47 pm
I was done on tuesday and I'm still in pain too.  there are some people that say they had hardly any pain, but plenty that say they had some and kept taking their pain meds. I think everyone is different. I totally understand though. I'm right there with you.
Amy
CW: 255 SW: 234 

Gracieteddy
on 7/2/11 10:57 pm - IA
Everyone is different I was OK and off the meds when I went home but they make me sick. Remember to take your stool softener, Benefiber and maybe some Miralax to get your bowels going ( I had terrible constipation because I thought my protein shakes had fiber, they do not!) Sorry to be graphic.....

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/2/11 10:58 pm
I think you're fine.  I had surg on a Wed and took my pain meds through Sun.  That being said, everyone is different and some have had pain much longer than me.  Some have even called their surgeon for a refill on pain meds.  

I would say if you get a week out and the pain is still strong and makes you feel like something is "off" then call your doc.  *hugs*  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Susan0714
on 7/2/11 11:19 pm - Kenner, LA
Like the last two posts said, everyone is different. I did not have to take any pain meds when I got home. I had some discomfort, from where the doctor took out my stomach. He told me that was normal.. 

It felt like a pulling and I was worried I was doing something to my stomach. My doctor said that was the fasciea, where they had to cut to remove the stomach..

I hope you feel better soon, if you are not feeling better by Tuesday, I would give your doctor a call.

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

lisa53406
on 7/2/11 11:33 pm - Racine, WI
If you need to take pain meds, take them. Its not a contest.

I had my surgery on Wednesday and I took my last dose of pain meds on Sunday. I have heard stories of people needing them longer. Everyone's surgery and healing time is a little different. If you are hurting, you are moving less and slowing your recovery. Be good to yourself and get the rest and meds you need during this time. It will get better every day.

My best,

Lisa

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
gonersmom
on 7/2/11 11:39 pm
Hi Lisa,
Just noticed we have the same great doctor!!  Best wishes on this journey.
Anne

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Dawnie 88
on 7/3/11 12:34 am
Everyone is so different when it comes to pain.  I only needed pain med's two times after coming home from the hospital..had very little pain (but that's just me).  As far as bowel movement..it took me until day 6 to finally have one.  Hang in there..and congrat's on getting your sleeve!

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/11 12:44 am
This is day 3 for me and there is still some pain. I took 1/2 dose of my pain meds this morning and will probably take some more this afternoon. It's getting better each day though. Hang in there!
lucy2e
on 7/3/11 12:57 am - Laurel, MD
I didn't go off pain meds until day 5 - so don't worry too much.  Everybody is different - and it can vary by how your stomach is pulling on your incisions.  If you feel that your pain is out of the ordinary, don't be affraid to call your surgeon - they are the best ones to analyze your symptoms! 

Great job walking - make sure you are sipping too!  And most importantly - rest!  Give yourself a break - this is major surgery and you need to give yourself time to heal!  Good luck! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views