9 days out, if I could just eat!

Could_It_Be
on 7/1/11 9:41 am
 Was sleeved on 6/22 and am on clear liquids. I am so weak. I just have no energy to do anything :(

Taking a shower wipes me out.

I think once I'm able to eat a little of SOMETHING, I'll feel better. Was this the case for you? 

I see the doc on Tuesday and am hoping he moves me to pureed foods.

I'm getting plenty of liquids and trying to get my 3 protein shakes in (so far can only do two).

VSG on 6/22/11
kellypolllitt
on 7/1/11 9:49 am
Hang in there!  Yes I felt the same way.  Pureed foods has helped as well as excercise if you can get enough energy to get moving.  At 16 days out I still get tired quickly though, worn out.  But my mornings and early afternoons are good :)
Jenijeni
on 7/1/11 9:51 am
Even after eating solid food, I was still tired for a few weeks. Don't try to do too much too soon. Your body needs to heal and it will sap your energy until it is healed. Hoping you get to eat something soon!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Pbell
on 7/1/11 9:58 am
 I had my surgery a week before you... and yes, I was very weak.... But the showers feel good and you can nap afterwards... I was trying to do too much too quickly.... take time, time for yourself and heal.... real life will be here soon enough...  

Could_It_Be
on 7/1/11 10:05 am
Thanks y'all! I think I was really in denial that this is MAJOR SURGERY. I'm expecting to just bounce back and I'm not and I'm feeling real upset with myself.

VSG on 6/22/11
mhall255
on 7/1/11 10:06 am
I pray you continue to get better each day! I am scheduled for my first consult with my surgeon in 19 days! I am so excited! I am thankful for this website, so that I can read posts that others have written to prepare me for what is to come.
Hope you feel better soon! 
Smardeepants
on 7/1/11 10:46 am
I"m going through the same thing right now. I was sleeved 6/27, so I'm 4 days post op. The pain is just now subsiding, to where I feel sore. I can't take protein at all (I'm stuffed for hours) and have only been able to get in a max of 25lz fluids. Dr says to stay on clear liquids until I can get the full amt, then full liquids, and he will only advance me when I'm able to do liquids and protein. *uggh* I feel like I'll never eat again, LOL.

I'm weak, clammy, and shakey all the time. I can't wait for this part to pass!

kimshealth
on 7/1/11 10:59 am - LA
Sleeve sis hang in there. I am wanting food too. I'm on full liquids whats the difference with clear and full. I cooked my husband baked baby back ribs and flavored garlic rice. It was so tempting. I hate to even go in the kitchen. I'm tired as well after a half day. I am back at work and only working half a day but after noon I'm done. I must take a nap. I think that is normal. I tasted a grain of rice I know that I should not have. This was my first day cooking for husband since surgery. My mom and his mom had been helping me out cooking and the he eats out. I just wanted to treat him for hanging in there with me and being supportive.

ugot2bu
on 7/1/11 12:02 pm - Lawton, OK
Hi, i am having surg. Tues.5th of July. What should I expect? I am down in Tex and going back after week two post op to OK. I will be alone most of time. How did the taste of rice do with you being on liquids? Did you hurt yourself by eating eat? Let me know sister as I am a new one on the band. Blessings!

Starting my new sleeved-life on 7/5/11!

PEG

kimshealth
on 7/1/11 1:31 pm - LA
It didn't hurt to eat and it taste great. I shouldn't have at it. I've just been getting tired of drinking the same thing and it smelled good.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views