DR.Buchin

rosapain
on 7/12/11 7:59 am, edited 7/12/11 8:42 am - Amityville, NY
Hello everyone need some help. Has anyone used Dr. Buchin in long Island N.Y for their VSG. I was told  I should look for another doctor. HELP
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/11 9:07 am
VSG on 10/18/12
Sorry I havent, but google him. I know you can get lots of info on doctors, good and bad that way. Hope that helps some!
rosapain
on 7/12/11 9:15 am, edited 7/12/11 9:16 am - Amityville, NY

Thank you, I did and everything came up fine. but another blogger inform me of some not so good info not happy

Tammy0822
on 7/12/11 11:43 am - Kings Park, NY
Hey, you know me and I swear by him. infact my mom & dad are scheduled for VSG on 7/20 I love Dr. B.... would never go anywhere else... but, only you can decide who is right for you.
Tammy

SW:220 HW:267 CW:152 GW:120

roundater
on 7/12/11 12:27 pm - Lincoln, NE
Besides this forum, did you check the reviews under find a bariatric surgeon plus check out the local board under NY? There might be some more information there besides this forum. Do keep checking here though.
Rich Sonderegger

lanunes
on 7/12/11 6:25 pm - CA
 CHeck with the New York Medical board. When I looked to research my surgeon it list if there are any complaints filed against him or any pending suits.
      Leslie Nunes              
stacy B.
on 7/16/11 10:04 am - Wantagh, NY
 Stay away from him.  He is very inexperienced and keeps moving from hospital to hospital and I heard he has very high complication rates.  He is also not a center of excellence.  You should only use an ASMBS Center of Excellence.  Check out The New York Bariatric Group - Dr. Garber. He is the most experienced on Long Island.
lakaso
on 11/30/11 5:45 am, edited 12/1/11 10:41 am

Your comment about Dr Buchin is completely inaccurate. You should be mindful of gossip and bad information that you obtain from unreliable sources. Dr Buchin has not left LIJ, he still operates there in addition to operating at another hospital, as most surgeons do. Based on research,  he has only practiced and continues to practice at two different hospitals throughout his career (LIJ and Huntington Hospital), both which are affiliated with the same health system.

To your commemt about Dr Buchin's experience, the public data shows he has performed the highest number of sleeve gastrectomies on LI and and his complication rates, shown through statistics, are minimal to none. Also Dr Buchin himself is a Center of Excellence certified bariatric surgeon but the hospital may not be.

Based on first hand experience, his pre-op education, his bed side manner, his accessibility to his patients, his post-op care, and his patient success rates are amazing.

Dr Buchin is an extremely experienced surgeon with a fantastic reputation. His support group is a true testiment to his expertise and anyone seeking more information should do proper reasearch and actually speak with his patients for reliable information. Here is the link to Dr Buchin's OH profile where anyone interested can read some amazing blogs from his actual patients  http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-dav id-buchin/#profile_reviews
I felt the need to comment because I feel it is unfair for excellent doctors to have their reputation smeared with inaccurate and unjustified comments, especially from those who are not his patients or have credible information

breekahouse
on 11/30/11 11:20 pm
When researching surgeons, I also read some less than favorable things about him.  Not sure how true they were.  As long as you are researching surgeons, check out Manhattan Minimally Invasive Bariatric.
www.nycbariatrics.com/

All of the doctors (Yatco, Rosslin, Shah) are extremely experienced and came/come highly recommended.  People outside of NY State go to them to have their surgies.  There are quite a few of us on this board as well. 

Hospital staff was EXCELLEN!  They're also a Center of Excellence.

Good luck!
SW: 342 lbs / CW: 175lbs / GW: 150lbs
Most Active