pcip insurance ( anyone have it ?)

donnamaieadkins
on 7/17/11 1:44 am - starke, FL
I will start to be coverd by pcip insurace through the federal government come september . I havent found anyone on this sight with this insurance . I tried to get all other types of insurance but because i am over weight they denied me automatically , i tried bcbs, aetna , and list upon list of insurance , and now having to get insurance through the federal government , i cant find anyone with this insurance on this sight!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone ??????????? it would help alot of questions I have . please and thank you
Paige V.
on 7/17/11 2:50 am - Gainesville, FL
I dont know about that, we have GEHA...Government Employee....and from what I read its fairly easy to get approved but I dont know for a fact...
donnamaieadkins
on 7/17/11 2:57 am - starke, FL
If i am not mistaken pcip is in participation with geha . pcip is pre exsisting condition plan
Paige V.
on 7/17/11 3:18 am - Gainesville, FL

Im really not sure, I know Geha requires
-35bmi with 1 comorbidity
-40bmi
and 6 months of doctors supervised visits.

donnamaieadkins
on 7/17/11 3:27 am - starke, FL
Thats what mine requires also , by bmi is i think 42.1 ....... but today i saw a girl on here she got her insurance on feb . 2nd and had her surgery may 5th with pcip . I sent her a friend request hoping she can give me info . Prayin shecan help
shantele7824
on 7/17/11 4:58 am - SAN PABLO, CA
Hi I got ur friends request and excepte it.  I had pcip and that is how I was aable to get the sleeve done.  I can answer some questions can't say I know it all and I can also point you in the direction to get the answers you need.  It was fairly simple and fast for me.  I was covered in feb 2011 and had surgery in May and it took that long not due to insurance but my doctors office, I love the insurance and because of it I know have a chance at living a life finally.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

Hollys01
on 12/25/12 11:30 pm - Santa Rosa, CA

Hi Shantele,

I am in Santa Rosa, Ca.  I have the Pcip, too.  I am in the process of the the wls.  I have gone to a seminar that was required of the weight loss center and now have a surgeon consult on January 11!!!  I'm told it takes about 12 weeks to 4 months to get surgury date.  So, now I will see at the consult.  I have to go through counceling, nutritional conceling, and lifestyle type classes that take  the time above as well.  'Anyway, Im  sooo excited to get this done and hope it works for me.  I have pco and really want the sleeve.  My sister is interested too.  I'm 235.  Thank you for you input!!

donnamaieadkins
on 7/17/11 5:14 am - starke, FL

thank you soooo soo much for accepting my friend request , i sent you a msg , tty soon

CARYN13
on 8/24/11 6:26 am - FL

Saw your post.  I too will be joining PCIP in October and hope to have the WLS.  Please let me know how the insurance is once you get it.

mrsnate
on 9/15/11 9:14 am
VSG on 04/27/12 with
Hi!  I have been covered by pcip (underwritten by GEHA) for a couple months now.  I'm in the process of the 6 month medically supervised diet right now and hopin for surgery after the first of the year.  From what I've read it's a pretty straight forward process, and usually gets approved easily.  Praying that will be the case for me!  The following was take out of my benefits manual: 

Surgical treatment of obesity (bariatric surgery) is covered only if: - eligible enrollee is 18 or over - clinical records support a body mass index of 40 or greater (or 35-40 when there is a co-morbid condition such as life-threatening cardiopulmonary problems or severe diabetes mellitus) for a period of six months - documentation of failure to lower the body mass index by a medically supervised program within the last twelve months of diet and exercise of at least six months duration PPO: 20% of the Plan allowance Non-PPO: 40% of the Plan allowance and any difference between our allowance and the billed amount PPO: 20% of the Plan allowance Non-PPO: 40% of the Plan allowance and any difference between our allowance and the billed amount

~Rebecca
Mother to 4, married to a wonderful man, trying to find myself again.    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views