12 days out HELP!!!

ldscott
on 7/23/11 3:09 am - TX
STILL can't take full liquids does this seem normal? whenever i try full liquids i vomit. it feels as if its sitting in my esophogus. IS THIS NORMAL?

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/11 3:11 am
I don't think that's normal. Have you talked to your dr? It could be something simple that he can fix. Let us know how you do. Good luck!
ldscott
on 7/23/11 3:17 am - TX
I will be calling him again. i also had hiatal hernia repair so i was afraid that he stitched my hernia too tight. idk... just a little frustrated i guess.

but thanks for your reply. it helps!
acbbrown
on 7/23/11 3:13 am - Granada Hills, CA
What do you mean by "full liquids"? Protein shakes? I drink the costco premier shakes, and they are pretty much the same texture as my clear liquids (and I can get 30g of protein in 11oz) - they are very thin. If you feel like they are too thick, water them down a little (not too much or you'll be drinking forever to get your protein in.

Remember small sips, I got that feeling at the beginning  if my sips were too big.

If you really can't get anything down, I guess isopure or other similar drinks are an option, though I can't recommend that because I can't stand them :-p

Don't worry - once the swelling goes down, it will get easier!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ldscott
on 7/23/11 3:20 am - TX
by full liquids i mean protein shakes, malt-o-meal (watery). i KNOW im not getting in anywhere near half of my proteins. i feel so disgusted i want to only drink water right now. but im going to water down my protein shake and see how that goes. THANK YOU so much!
theshrinkingmimi
on 7/23/11 5:56 am
Your focus has to be on liquids right now. You will gradually increase the protein. But avoiding dehydration is critical. I wonder if your sips are small enough.  Watering down the thick stuff may help alot. Drink slow. Definitely talk to your dr's office if still a problem on Monday morning.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Marcia B.
on 7/25/11 4:08 am, edited 7/25/11 4:08 am - CA
I am also 12 days post-op and I would agree with the other posters about the amount you sip and swallow, if I swallow any liquid to fast it feels like it is sitting in my throat but if I make a conscience effort to sip and swallow slowly I don't get that feeling.  And dehydration is really very important to avoid.  Good luck and I hope thinning your protein drink helps.  I use to make mine with water and now I use lactaid.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views