Being called skinny..

Kristy R.
on 7/27/11 7:50 am - Santa Clara, CA
 ..is so WEIRD.  And really, not a compliment to me.  I always like being curvy - LOL.  As you can see by my weight, I am nowhere NEAR skinny.  I know it's people's perception from before vs. now.  It just feels weird!  Of course, I will take it over "hey fatty" snort!
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Valerie K.
on 7/27/11 7:55 am - Dearborn, MI
 I know how your feeling. It is so strange when my friends say hello skinny ass. Or when my kids tell me to stop losing weight because I am all ready to small. To me I am not skinny or small. But to others I am.

The only one that tells me to keep loosing is my weight loss doctor he keeps me in check. Which is good when he tells me to stop than i will do so but till than I am not skinny lol.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

cattywompos
on 7/27/11 7:57 am
I hear ya there!  I actually hate being called skinny because I know I am no where near skinny. I know they are trying to be nice so I just smile and say 'thank you' and try to chase the voices in my head away that just want to scream "I'm not skinny, I'm 200lbs that is not skinny!".  But I guess if I stood next to the me 10months ago I would look skinny :)
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 8:08 am - CA
I know what you guys mean. I've been getting that a lot at work and in my mind I'm like, "Uh...I'm still fat...".  I also get, "You look like a different person!" and I can appreciate that more because it's kind of true. 
Kristy R.
on 7/27/11 8:11 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Yes, I can deal with the different person thing.  Or, I will even take "you look fantastic" - well - because that one is true.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Lisa D.
on 7/27/11 12:37 pm - New Orleans, LA
I'll take all of those comments.  But the one I LOVE the most is  SKINNY ***** !!!
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active
Recent Topics