My drain is gone...yay!!!

Steph4575
on 8/10/11 2:02 pm - TX
I went to my one week post op appointment today, and finally was relieved of my JP drain.  I am so stoked.  It felt so weird coming out.  Not bad or anything, just basically like a tube was being pulled out of my stomach.  Relief followed.  I am still leaking a little from the site...ewwwuuu, I know.  And I can literally see the fat around my stomach...its white just like on chicken, ha!  Anyway, I was excited and wanted to share.  I feel like I'm just that ONE more step closer.

My dr told me today that in a week he wants me to be on stage 3, soft foods...I guess he's assuming I'm on stage two right now, and I supposed I need to move on, and I kind of have, but its difficult.  I can't come anywhere close to finishing one of my atkins shakes, and it isn't easy being out running errands and only eating full liquids.  I am making sure to get in plenty of water, and protein shakes as much as I can.  Eating broths, and was told I could eat cream based soups as well, and I guess I can puree things?  Just knowing what to eat is crazy, lol.

Anyway, I wanted to share, thanks!!

kimbethin
on 8/10/11 2:23 pm - CA
It's so great to say goodbye to the drain!

putting one foot in front of the other...        
tripmom02
on 8/10/11 2:26 pm - NJ
 YAY, I just said goodbye to mine to, and I already feel so much better! I did NOT like the way it felt coming out, it was just to icky for me LOL

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

CoolBeans
on 8/10/11 2:37 pm - MD
 I am getting mine out tomorrow.  I have never looked forward to a doctor's appointment this much. 
 Cari    
Marcia B.
on 8/10/11 2:46 pm - CA
Yay for all of you getting your drains removed. :) congrats!
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views