I did it!! I did it!!

Happy966
on 8/31/11 8:54 am

I am home after surgery on Monday.  I did really, really well.  I am tolerating fluids just fine, have had about 58 ounces by mouth today so far, and have very little pain, just on my left side.  Nothing as scary as I imagined.  THANK YOU. 

I told my kids, my brother and sister, and dad before the surgery (mom died about 16 years ago).  They were great.

Thank you to whomever recommended the little pillow - a LIFESAVER.  I can't believe I feel so good.  I am very happy to be tolerating fluids.

I love my surgeon.  He got all the cavity air out before closing me up - no gas pains at all.  He used a 34f bougie. 

Yippee!!!   I almost danced through the halls when they disconnected me from the IV.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Theresa Z.
on 8/31/11 9:31 am - Dayton, OH
 Congrats!! I am awaiting my surgery date which should be coming up soon. Since I am self-pay, it should be in the next few weeks. I hope all goes well for you and I will be reading your journey.

Can I ask what "little pillow"?
Happy966
on 8/31/11 9:35 am

OMG, the little pillow is your FRIEND!  Take a small pillow - 9x9 or 12x12 - not too soft.  You can hold it to you sore spot while moving, coughing, etc.  It REALLY helps. 

Lynn M.
on 8/31/11 9:36 am
Congratulations to you.  My surgery is scheduled for Sept 14th and I also would love to know more about the "little pillow"

Always remember, no matter how bad you are, you are not totally useless. You can always be used as a bad example.          
VeraG
on 8/31/11 9:35 am - Bonner Springs, KS
Congrats!!!   Glad you are doing so well!!

Living until I die!

Happy966
on 8/31/11 9:42 am

Thank you - I really can't believe I did it!  I always thought I'd chicken out.

1london
on 8/31/11 10:09 am
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you.  I did not use a pillow, but my surgeon uses a wrap that goes around your mid section and had velcro that kept it snug... boy did it help.  I wore it while I walked,  (which I did right after surgery and have since) when I slept at night/napped, or was up and around a lot....it was very comforting to me.  I used it for almost two weeks.  If it is something you wake up wearing after surgery, I suggest using it.
Best wishes!

Sandy S.
on 8/31/11 10:41 am
Congradulations,  wishing you a speedy recovery!

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
Meme10
on 8/31/11 10:50 am - TX
Congrats Happy!!!
              HW-307  lapband-243  SW-250  CW-225  GW-150                  

momokc
on 8/31/11 10:57 am
 Congratsulations! My surgeon didn't remove any of the gas, nor did she tell me to wrap my body. 
The nurse I had told me to wrap my stomach and gave me the thing to wrap with. The gas was just terrible so thank the Lord you didn't have to go through that.  Sounds like you have a really great and caring surgeon. 

Best wishes, 
Granny

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views