question about stalls?

Ashley O.
on 9/5/11 9:05 am
I know, I know. I've seen the posts. People are getting annoyed with questions about stalls. But I really dont know what to think. the '3 week stall' that everyone talks about..

I lost 9 pounds in the 4 days after my surgery. not including the water weight i gained and lost (6lbs) by the time i left the hospital.

And I havent lost anything since then.. I'm 2 1/2 weeks out now.

How long did your first stall last?

I'm doing everything my surgeon and doctors have said.. 80+oz of water/sf fluids, 60+grams of protein.. Only on mushy/soft food still.. Exersizing (walking mostly.. i've gone swimming twice.. which felt amazing. so glad my incisions healed up fast enough for me to go, before they close for the season.. gotta love ohio weather.) at least 40 minutes a day...

I know the stall would break. But i hadnt heard of anyones stalls lasting almost 2 weeks..?

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

onemoretry
on 9/5/11 9:17 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I'm kind of glad you asked this question. I never really understood what you all meant by "3 week stall". Are you saying that everyone stalls at 3 weeks post op so don't worry ,or once you stall, your stall would last for 3 weeks
Ashley O.
on 9/5/11 10:01 am
From what I've heard, it's usually around 3 weeks post op.. i had never ehard of a stall lasting 3 weeks long.. i sure hope mine doesnt.. haha.

~

~

kimbethin
on 9/5/11 9:19 am - CA
I've heard of some of the stalls lasting a few weeks.  Keep going according to plan and you should get past it.  Don't be discouraged.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Elaine2
on 9/5/11 9:27 am - Atlanta, GA
Ashley
Just stay the course --- you'll  start losing again. Your body just has to catch up as it heals. It sound like you're right on the money with your stats and exercise.

Some advise-----and you'll hate this---but don't get on the scale for the entire week. If you weighed this AM, just wait until next Monday to weigh again. It's very frustrating while waiting for the scale to move. But it's difficult to wait the whole week--I get that!

There is no "normal" length of a stall or pause or plateau--whatever. I never had a short pause in weight loss---really consistent EXCEPT when I have had my 3 pauses in 15 months---they lasted 4-5 weeks each... but huge losses in the following months. 

Each of our loss patterns are different. Stay focused---you're doing great.

Ashley O.
on 9/5/11 10:02 am
Alright, i'll try not to weigh mysellf all week.. Haha. Thanks. I just wasnt sure if that was right or nto.. i dont know. it seemed weird to me, i hadnt heard of stalls lasting weeks at a time. But good to know i'm not alone there.

thanks again.(:

~

~

frisco
on 9/5/11 9:58 am

Just keep doing what your doing......same thing......

Don't let anyone tell you to change it up......that's crap.....ever see a dog chase his own tail !!! bout the same thing.....

Ride it out....your body is in shock and doesn't know what to do.....it's trying to repair itself......

If your not losing at around 8 weeks out....than we gotta look at your calories.....but for now....cruise!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Ashley O.
on 9/5/11 10:03 am
Alright, I'll keep it up.

thanks(:

~

~

frisco
on 9/5/11 10:26 am

I've read a few of your back posts and I'm VERY IMPRESSED with your maturity, intelligence and research you did.

Your doing great!

The only Red Flag that comes up when I read your posts......Your family and fast foods......If I remember correctly......

It will be hard.... but you gotta refrain from the fast food temptations through weight loss. The only real semi-approved fast food that seems to be common is Wendy's Chili.

I'm rooting for you!!!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or issues. If you would like I could introduce you to Elina or any other of our woman vets.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Ashley O.
on 9/5/11 12:11 pm

Haha, thanks.

Yeah.. Family and fast foods would definatley be it. But honestly I've never been a huge fan of fast food.. I'm the only person in my family who ever cooks, so if I'm not home or dont for whatever reason, fast food it is. But. my family can keep doing that if they want.. I've taken charge of my own meals and such since pre-op and plan to continue that. I know i have to, and have no problem doing so.

Thanks, again. The support means a lot. So glad I found this site... Haha. (:

-ashley

~

~

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views