Warm protein drinks, ways we can make them - share yours please!

viola_120
on 9/16/11 1:31 am - FL
Hey,

I have protein coffee in the morning.  I take a couple of ounces of cold water mix in two scoops of Click Mocha Protein powder and then use my keurig and add 8 to 10 ounces of brewed coffee and stir, hm mm, very good.  I occasionally mix it up and add Nectar cappuccino powder instead of click.
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
laurak712
on 9/16/11 2:16 am - New Braunfels, TX
Great video Brandi.  I do it just like that too.  Keeps the clumps OUT!!!

Laura

Height 5' 7

julyxo84
on 9/16/11 2:18 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 I don't have an ideas, but I want to say thank you Brandi for that video. Now I know how to put protein in my coffee and not have it all curdled, you rock! 
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

No More Spanx
on 9/16/11 3:03 am - Rock Island, IL
I mix 8oz room temp water with the Nectar Cappacino or Vanilla Bean Torte Flavored protein.  I brew 1 cup HOT Coffee.  I then slowly stir in the protein with the HOT coffee.  Waalaa.....no clumping!  My breakast  cappacino, YUM!

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

Erica77
on 9/16/11 4:35 am - MN
Because I'm lazy and hate to do dishes....
I put a scoop of powder in my coffee mug, add about 4oz or less of milk to the mug, stir,stir,stir then add the coffee, and stir,stir, stir.
I use the nectar chco. Truffle. Sometimes I will add a little of coffemate s/f vanilla caramel powder creamer.
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

edelu
on 9/16/11 5:35 am - los angeles, CA
Brandilynn

Ok, sorry to hijack this thread and really grateful for the warm drinks PSA as I've been a curdling but I know you lift from your posts but girl you have the arms of a rock star.  Here is my question.  Were your arms ever bigger and you just gained muscle or did you ever have bat wings.  My arms are not that big but they are flaccid and I'm wondering where you started out from.  I would lift like speedy Gonzales if i thought i could get that sort of result. you rock.  Awe!
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 5:46 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Here are before and 4 month out arms.
Until I shifted over to body composition changing at the end of September of my surgery year - I only did body weight stuff, pushups, triceps dips - I mostly did cardio until end of September when I changed from cardio to lifting. 

You can see I still have some hangy skin - it will not ever be twight like a twiger unless I lose all fat and build up bigger arms than I am willing to though.

Use the scrolly bar and scroll over --->  and that will show you I do still have some hangy down skin.  NO its not crazy bad, but its there, but its not a big deal, really.  This above montage shows you the changes in my muscles in 2 months worth of lifting.  sweet! 

Muskle shot.  :}   I do have extra skin but its not a big deal really.

And if you skew the image  to negative.. I am downright artsy!  :}

What *IS* true is, I build up muscle in my arms and back and chest much easier than in my lower half.  You can see on these negatives.

And my belly has extra skin most definitely, no amount of muscle building will fix it, and the leaner I get, it just gets more wrinkly and folds over its silly self, so.  You know.  It is what it is!

I will tell anyone who will listen that building muscle will ONLY be of benefit to you, whether you end up needing surgery for skin or not!  Muscle will NEVER be a bad deal!! 

Thanks for your sweet words!  Definitely build you up some muscle, cannot go wrong with muscle!! 

Now off for the last grocery shopping leg!   I gave you too much information here (like I usually do) to try and answer questions that might come up, but am glad to answer anything else you might have later!

Be sweet! 
edelu
on 9/16/11 8:32 am, edited 9/16/11 8:33 am - los angeles, CA

Color me totally effin impressed.  How much do you lift? That's an impressive amount of muscle tone from/ to.  i didn't think it was possible.  Thanks so much Brandi, I'm definitely getting my free weights out of storage.

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 12:43 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
***So.. I just want to say that as a disclaimer.

Just remember this girlie, losing FAT is not the same as losing WEIGHT, so if you have a doctor that is counting on you to lose x POUNDS by x time - and the scale (and its quick downward slope) is where your satisfaction and encouragement is coming from then lifting is going to screw with you, because muscle weighs as much as fat! (a pound is a pound) but losing fat and building muscle are not going to look the same on  scale as losing fat (and the muscle that comes with fast loss if you are not actively keeping it). 

**end of disclaim

I do not lift as heavy as I could because my hands are trashed from years of transcription and I believe that free weights are superior to machines (if you can use free weights) so - you probably can lift heavier ! 

I do a progression, so my weight goes up and then I come down, but I have serious attention span issues so tend to only do 3 days a week about 30 minutes at a time, full body stuff.  That a way, if life gets in the way, I still have 2 days of full body, instead of doing a split and then not working one of the bodypart splits because life got in the way! 

Also, while I was *cleared* for lifting at a month, I definitely waited far longer, because I did not care to need a hernia revision!  And I also was just heading for WEIGHT loss first, and then switched to body composition after, what.. 4ish months of just being a cardio fiend.  I figured by then I would not have issues with hernia stuff and I was getting to the point where my deflated skin was bumming me out, and knew that I would lose fat when I shifted to lifting, but the quick down trend was not going to keep happening. 

On that one montage - in the 2months of lifting there are 2 pounds and 2 sizes of difference :}  so if I had been one to not measure, or take pictures, I might have been crying about all the hard work I did that did not show up on the scale. 

I am glad to send you the Rippetoe full body routine I did if you like.  I now do ChaLEAN extreme, because I like that its 30 minutes from start to finish, and its a fully body deal.  I do not do the cardio stuff of hers because I zumba 2 days a week and hike the girls up N down the hills 5 to 6 days.  I do not love the cardio.  :}  And I am one of those who is of the cardio breaks muscle down and lifting builds it up, so doing them both heavy is wheel spinning schools of thought. 

Course like everything else, there are a zillion schools of thought, but that's mine. 

So - PM me your emailer if you want me to send the Rippetoe routine, I am glad to share.

Here is the ChaLEAN sheet, so you can see what that looks like too if you like!

http://www.decidetostayfit.com/chalean-extreme-workout-sheet s.pdf

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/12 9:22 pm
On December 31, 1969 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, wrote:

Wow.  I ordered the ChaLEAN extreme and wondered if anyone here had success with it.  I was a bit confused when it came up as a warm protein post, but I guess the answer is a resounding yes.  I so appreciate the link to the workout schedule.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views