Warm protein drinks, ways we can make them - share yours please!

redsnapper1975
on 9/16/11 11:05 am
In a 2 cup glass measuring cup I nuke a cup of skim for 1 min.  Stir in a scoop of chocolate protein- I use a whisk and kind of roll it between my hands like making a snake with play dough.  Then I slowly pour in the hot coffee while turning the whisk a bit with the other hand.  I pour it in my tavel mug, and immediately rinse the whisk/measuring cup so it cleans up easily.

~ Kim

J.e.t.
on 9/16/11 11:25 am
 Ohmigo**** was so fun to see you on video!  And this was super helpful, also, as I've been struggling with the curdling thing.  I've suffered through quite a few curdled protein drinks.  Blech.

And your muscle shots are nothing short of inspirational.  I've never had muscle definition in my life, but I'm seriously going to try after seeing your pics.  It's really amazing what a difference it makes.
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 12:33 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Just remember this girlie, losing FAT is not the same as losing WEIGHT, so if you have a doctor that is counting on you to lose x POUNDS by x time - and the scale (and its quick downward slope) is where your satisfaction and encouragement is coming from then lifting is going to screw with you, because muscle weighs as much as fat! (a pound is a pound) but losing fat and building muscle are not going to look the same on  scale as losing fat (and the muscle that comes with fast loss if you are not actively keeping it). 

So.. I just wanted to say that as a disclaimer.

And I went through a 2 year lifting phase in my past and lifted being mentored by a girlfriend who competed locally and I could *feel* my definition, but because my eating was not ever under control for seriously long periods of time (and I was starving ALL THE TIME!) then I never saw it either.  Its really amazing and wonderful to SEE the changes your hard work produces!  That is true.
lmreadynow
on 9/17/11 12:14 am
 Thank you! You are so inspirational!!! And how kind of you to share your amazingness!!

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 12:29 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Funny human, thank you for your sweet words! 
mimikay
on 9/17/11 2:33 am
Brandi,
I don't want to talk about your amazing muscles b/c I'm jealous and too lazy to exercise, but that's my problem!
On to your post for warm drinks. I use hot tap water to make a slurry in my mixer cup and slowly add boiling water while stirring. I love me some hot chocolate and have had it for breakfast for almost the entire last year. I use GNC AMP 60 chocolate, using 2 scoops, 1 packet of Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate and then a shot of sf peppermint! May not be for everyone, but it works for me. As long as I don't get in a hurry adding my water, I have clump free hot chocolate and get 40 g of protein for breakfast! After our record breaking heat wave in Texas, I still drank it, just under my ceiling fan in the morning! Really nice in winter!
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
laurak712
on 9/17/11 2:36 am - New Braunfels, TX
Oh, and try putting 1/4 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice in your slurry....mmm, delicious...

Laura

Height 5' 7

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/11 5:55 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
To the top, because its chilly in the hizzouse and warm protein roxxors my soxxors and feeds my muskles!
Ms Shell
on 2/25/12 1:49 am - Hawthorne, CA
All this talk about the kitchen I had to see it lol!!

Anyway since I discovered that Starbucks carries protein powder I'll order my coffee, ask for protein, mix it with what 1/2 and 1/2 and then do just lick you described...in fact I'm going there today let me grab some protein powder and sf syrup =) thanks girlie =)

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/12 1:53 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
That is my self styled lick. 

:{}

Have fun honey!  You and your leetle dog too!  I am going to go and lift and pretend I was in Cali in the warm sun licking up protein and fun whichooo!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views