yay for me and a question

ednjen30
on 9/17/11 2:53 pm - CA
 Both my sons play football.  Today my 12 year old asked me to wear his practice jersey to his game. I said no, it wont fit.  He said please just try, I said No! it will not fit me.  Please try mom.  OK, just to show you it wont fit I will try it on.  It is a youth XL.  so I try it on and it fit!!! I was soooo shocked!!!  I wore it to his game!

Now for my question.  I am almost one month post op.   I feel great.  I am only able to eat 1 oz of pureed anything at a time, sometimes only a few tiny bites, and then I feel very full.  Today it took me 2 1/2 hours to eat 1//4 cup of greek yogurt mixed with 1/4 crushed pineapple.  Is this normal  at one month out? dont get me wrong, Im happy to eat small portions.  i dont know what size my stomach is, but my surgeon said I can never eat more than 4 oz for a meal.  

Thanks, Jen

If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.
       - Anonymous    
jbskaggs
on 9/17/11 5:03 pm - holt, MO
 As your stomach heals (up to six months to a year) it will be swollen.  As it heals you will be able to eat more but not like you did before the surgery.

I could not eat pineapple at all it hurt me for some reason.  

SoonSkinnyDonna
on 9/18/11 12:46 am - Dana Point, CA
 Yes - it is normal for one month - but I could not have eaten pineapple then - you are still healing and losing the weight so just enjoy it - at around six months your stomach will be almost totally healed and you will find you can and will eat more - always always less than before - but more like a six year old would eat - and it is fine and satisfactory - only problem is you can start eating more frequently and of course there is the junk food snacking ....but I'm still 85 pounds gone and it's now been almost three years - normal now is to always share a meal when ordering and then there is usually something still for the dog - it is amazing that we can live well on such small amounts of food after we had been used to gigantic amounts before.
SoonSkinnyDonna

HW 255 SW 240 CW 158
-- & lookin good! next goal - no flabby skin?

ednjen30
on 9/18/11 1:55 am - CA
 thank you!  Wow, 6 months of swelling! My doctor did not tell me it would last that long.  

If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.
       - Anonymous    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views