ahhhh.

Ashley O.
on 10/27/11 4:41 am
feel free to totally ignore this post.

it's my grandpa's 70th birthday. My mom came over to my dads, because her kitchen is getting redone, and she's making dinner in our kitchen.. well. My mom making dinner, turned into her guiltng me into doing all of it.. (because she's too busy messing around on a dating website.. she's addicted.. i'm not even going to get into that..) lasagna (the recipe she wnt let me change. all it iis is meat, lots of regular cheese, tomatos, and sauce.. and noodles. no veggies.. nothing.), garlic toast, a choclate fudge cake with fudge icing.., and regular homemade fudge for my grandpa aswell...  Carbs. Carbs. Carbs. Carbs. sugar. Sugar. sugar. ahhhh.

It's not really tempting to me to eat it all..  it's just frustrating. "Oh yeah. lets have my 16 year old daughter who had bariatric surgery 2 1/2 months ago cook a huge dinner for 10 people.. that she can't even eat."

I made myself mini quiche things the other day, that are actually REALLY good. i forget where i found the recipe. so i'm having one of those instead. my cousin that is gonna be there is doing it with me she'll eat a little more obviously but.. not eating all the carbs.. she's trying to lose weight too, just without the surgery.. so i won't be t only one not eating the big dinner, thankfully. I love my cousin.. Haha.

But yeah.. extremely frustrating. oh well. repressing any anger for the sake of my grandpa today..

just kind of needed to vent. as i said before, feel free to totally ignore this.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

rosapain
on 10/27/11 6:08 am - Amityville, NY
You sound great and appear to have together sorry about your mom setting you up.your grandpa will love you more for it,and CONGRATS to you,
great    
2muchfluff
on 10/27/11 6:32 am
 Glad you have a backup plan for your meal.  Some people do not think of the consequences of what they are doing.  Yay for your cousin helping you out.

Cusscusscutie
on 10/27/11 6:48 am - MA
Just make sure YOU take the credit for all the cooking!

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/11 7:16 am
Everytime someone compliments the meal be sure to say, "Thank You, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!"  The fact that you planned different food for yourself really shows your committment to this surgery.  I'm so very proud of you!  You are going to be a fabulously successful adult.  I hope you are making big plans for your education !

Ashley O.
on 10/27/11 11:43 am

Haha! Thanks. I did. My uncle was surprized.. He didn't know i could cook..

And actually, I'm starting college in January.. I just got a GED so i'm taking some courses at a community college nearby, to try and get some credits out of the way.. I'm hoping to transfer to a university in a couple years. Save a ton of money that way. lol.

but thanks again (:

~

~

kimbethin
on 10/27/11 8:47 am - CA
Ashley- you rock!  Who cares about mom?  You're gandpa will be so happy!  I'm so proud of you for planning ahead and helping your cousin.  You can support each other.  Mom will appreciate you later and if not so what!  You will be the most awesome head on straight young adult around.  Do totally repress the anger use it to fuel a power walk with your cousin while some one else cleans up.  Have fun tonight and enjoy your family and all of the compliments I know you'll get.  Stay strong!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/11 9:30 am - GA
 Ashley,

I agree with the other posts. You are wonderfully mature and sweet and precious. I'm so proud of you. What a sweet daughter you are. And I agree, it's still totally jacked up that you had to cook but your Grandpa will appreciate it. Hang in there sweet girl!

Rebecca
Ashley O.
on 10/27/11 11:40 am

Thanks for all the responses. I took full credit for it.. even though my mom tried to say she did it all.. Oh well. I had a good time with my cousin. Haha. (:

~

~

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/11 1:00 pm
Maybe you should consider a job in the Food Industry and go to a culinary school!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views