I think that I know the answer but want vet advice

Talmani
on 11/1/11 4:31 am - Phoenixville, PA
When my phase two diet says "sugar free, fat free" yogurt, they are really talking about plain fat free or are there other sugar free fat free varieties out there?

TIA - my date in Nov 29th and I am trying to be ready!

amanda D.
on 11/1/11 4:39 am - Stayton, OR
personally i just did regular fat free, ones that had lower sugar content than the others. 

anninva
on 11/1/11 4:55 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
another thing you can try is fat free greek yogurt plain (or any other plain) with sugar free jam and a little equal.  very yummy!  otherwise, just going very low-cal should be fine.  you're not going to be eating very much of it anyway!  HTH

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

blakereimert
on 11/1/11 5:14 am - TX
I think my mom found me Weigh****chers sugar free/fat free yogart for after surgery. I think I remember her saying that weigh****chers was the only one that she could find that was sugar free.

BriarRose
on 11/1/11 5:29 am
I cannot eat artificial sweetners. I bought fat free plain yogurt, and added a tiny bit of homemade no sugar added strained jelly that I made before surgery just for that purpose. I also added it to ricotta later on in the process. but if you can eat artificial sweetners the flavored non fat yogurts (especially the greek ones will be wonderful for you !)
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 11/1/11 6:13 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
You should be able to eat the flavored fat free/sugar free.  I don't think you have to eat the plain yogurt only  as long as the flavored ones don't have pieces of fruit or seeds in them. 
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 6:16 am
Most fat free, sugar free yogurts just didn't taste great to me, so I chose to eat Greek plain yogurt with some added sugar free syrup or sugar free jam.  This had way more protein and tasted better to me.  But in truth, I mostly kept my eye on the carb count and made sure I did not go over 40 carbs in any one day.  I always counted my supplements when figuring this out.
Talmani
on 11/1/11 7:00 am - Phoenixville, PA
Thanks! I will have to see if I can find the WW yogurt. Most of the other light yogurts that I have found still use some sort of added sugar (corn syrup or fructose). I will have to try some with flavor mixed in as well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views