BIOTIN

nsblue
on 11/14/11 11:20 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
So how many of you take Biotin?  Was wondering if you see any results in taking it?

Jennchap
on 11/14/11 11:55 pm - CA
Hi there,
I started taking it just before surgery. It did not help with loss, I lost a ton!!!! But it made the texture nice and it seems to have grown much faster than before.
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

michellemj
on 11/15/11 12:00 am
It won't help stop the loss...there's not much you can do about that.

However, it will help with the regrowth and help your nails. :) I have super long nails now.

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

nsblue
on 11/15/11 12:19 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
I know 2 years ago my hair loss was crazy, and a year later in finally seein a doc they said my thyroid was underactive so i went on synthroid. it stopped it for a bit but since losing weight this year i seem to go through periods where it falls out more...i have a feeling it will do this no matter what it seems...the body is just going through alot. 
I know when i have surgery, i more than likely will lose aggain...hospitals and antesetics do it...
I guess i thought there is no harm in starting biotin...and its good to hear that it helps with regrowth and with the nails... and that is a plus....gotta do whatever you can right?
Thanks so much for your quick replies.

howarli
on 11/15/11 12:37 am - MD
I'm taking biotin............I think it's just a mental think for me.  But, about 10 years ago, I loss 130lbs in a 10month period ( supervised weight loss progam/phentramine) and  I don't remember any hair loss so I hoping for the same.

SweetiePea
on 11/15/11 1:08 am - IA
Even though I was expecting some hair loss, this past month has been falling out at a alarming rate. I've been on Biotin for few months so as everyone says, its not going to stop the hair loss due to the rapid weight loss.

I really thought I was lucky not losing as much till this month. Went to my regular surgeon appt and showed them how much I've been losing when washing my hair. They did another bloodwork although one was done the past month that came back good...but I haven't heard anything from them and that was last Tuesday. Even the advise I've read since my surgery is to up the protein...not sure it helps much but I double protein in my second month of post-op and still have alot of hair loss. Hairdresser said I've lost over 50% of volume of my hair. Hummm...she didn't have to tell me....I see it everyday. LOL!!

Hopefully the docs or someone will call with results!

Height - 4'10"

mawmawpenny
on 11/15/11 2:25 am - LA
I was wondering if facial hair increased when taking biotin.

Penny

Prettygia
on 11/15/11 4:48 am - MD

I take Biotin and it has helped with my nails and my hair.

[url=http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers.html][img]http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers/uploads/tickers/fd6b1c6abeed7a2.gif[/img][/url]

BethR311
on 11/15/11 9:14 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I take it. It does seem to be making my nails stronger, but my hair's still thin. I already have hair loss, have for many years, so am desperate to keep what little I have!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 367 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views