may i please know your post op vit. regiman ????

tripmom02
on 1/5/12 9:39 pm - NJ
 I take a Centrum multi (chewable), a sublingual B-12 (5000 every other day), a tender D (50,000 once a week) and powdered cal citrate in my coffee every morning.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/12 10:00 pm
1 actigall twice a day
1 probiotic
1 b-12 sublingual
1 bariatric best multi
2 bariatric best calcium citrate twice a day
1 PPI

3DogNight _
on 1/5/12 11:26 pm - Clarkston, GA
Hello.  Welcome to the VSG team!!

Optisource Multi - 4/day
B12 sublingual - 1000 mg
Vitamin D gummy
Vitamin B Complex gummy
Calcium Citrate - chewables - 4/day

You can get samples from Bariatric Advantage and a couple other sites.  I would highly recommend that.  I couldn't stand the taste so I searched for other brands that had the right mix.
3DogNight

BigDaddysLittleMomm
a

on 1/5/12 11:45 pm - Bryan, TX
I'm 2 weeks post op and started this regimen when I started my pre-op:

Citrical Petites (using the liquid calcium I bought for the 2 weeks post op until it's gone)
Centrum Multi Chewable
Biotin
Folic Acid
Zinc (NUT says this is very important)

Also, I'm using ****il it's gone) Bariatric Advantage Multi-vitamin crystals - mix them w/water like Crystal Light. 
Don't reward yourself with food - you're not a dog!    
BigDaddysLittleMomm
a

on 1/5/12 11:46 pm - Bryan, TX
Oh and B12 too!
Don't reward yourself with food - you're not a dog!    
mrsfloflo
on 1/6/12 12:54 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Start with B12
Multi-Vitamin
Folic Acid with Breakfast (We are trying for a family)
1 Calcium at lunch
1 Calcium at 4p.m.
Iron with Dinner
Biotin before Bed
"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

KathyA999
on 1/6/12 4:06 am, edited 1/6/12 4:07 am
Mine is:

Morning:
Multi 1X per day - Trader Joe's adult chewable
B12 sublingual 1X per day - Trader Joe's 1000 mcg
Biotin 1X per day - Vitamin Shoppe 1 mg
Fish Oil 1tsp per day - Carlson's lemon flavored (I get from Amazon) - I put into my morning cottage cheese/greek yogurt
Vit D gummy 1X per day - Rainbow Light 1000 units, at Vitamin Shoppe (I was deficient in D pre-op, so have been taking 2-3K per day for a couple years; last labs my doc said to cut back by half, so I only take one a day now)

Iron 1X per day at bedtime - Veglife Vegan Chewable Iron Glycinate, 18 mg
Calcium - I track what I get from food during the day, then supplement with calcium citrate (usually BA chewy bites) to reach 1500 mg per day.  I'm usually done by dinnertime, which allows me to take my iron at bedtime without concern about the iron getting muscled out by the calcium.

Be sure to get B12 in a SUBLINGUAL version, because after surgery, most of the Intrinsic Factor (which is manufactured in the stomach and which B12 must bind to, to be absorbed in the small intestine) is gone, so if you're taking B12 orally you're wasting your money.  If you get your B12 into your system via the under-the-tongue tissue, Intrinsic Factor is not required.  And B12 deficiency is nothing to mess with - causes permanent numbness/loss of use in the extremities (fingers/toes).

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

maggieandrockysmo
mma

on 1/6/12 7:44 am
I think I take more iron than a typical sleever but I have had iron/B-12 deficiency anemia since childhood and the sleeve surgery has not helped that... but here is my regimine...

--2 adult multivitamins daily (one in morning, one in late afternoon)
--total of 1000 mg calcium citrate (2 tabs in morning, 2 tabs in evening--separate from iron/multivitamin)--note--my surgeon recommends calcium citrate only... not calcium carbonate because they say it is not absorbed well
-- 2 ferrous fumarate capsules (one in morning/one in late afternoon)--most people recommend other types of iron, however for some reason, my body seems to absorb this best and has helped make my anemia almost normal
--500 mg vitamin b-12 daily

just beware, before starting a vitamin regimine, my surgeon took me off all of my vitamins 2 weeks prior to surgery because some vitamins make you more prone to bleeding, so you may want to check with them first

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views