Help Finish These Please!!

loveliveteach
on 1/22/12 8:17 pm
1. The best part about getting the VSG (other than weight loss) was...

2. The worst part about getting the VSG was...

3. Something I wish I knew before getting the VSG was...

4. Something I wish I had at home after surgery that I didn't was...

5. My favorite way to get protein is....

My actual goal is to be happy & healthy....doesn't matter what number that lands on.      
HW 253  VSG 7/31/12 SW233 One day & one step at a time! 
frenchgrapes
on 1/22/12 8:45 pm - TX
1. The best part about getting the VSG (other than weight loss) was...getting off all my medications.

2. The worst part about getting the VSG was...those first few days after the surgery.

3. Something I wish I knew before getting the VSG was...I'd have constipation issues.

4. Something I wish I had at home after surgery that I didn't was...a heating pad.

5. My favorite way to get protein is....fish or chicken for dinner.
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
GreenGardener
on 1/22/12 8:56 pm
VSG on 06/02/09 with
 1. The best part about getting the VSG (other than weight loss) was...my diabetes symptoms going away immediately.  And that driving, insatiable hunger was blessedly gone.  

2. The worst part about getting the VSG was...the $10K I spent on it.

3. Something I wish I knew before getting the VSG was..."No Virginia, this is not a magic cure that will last you the rest of your life.   You still have to be responsible for what you put in your mouth."  (It sure makes it easier to make those choices, though!)

4. Something I wish I had at home after surgery that I didn't was...someone to make a big fuss over me and bring me broth in bed.  But my DH has other good qualities!

5. My favorite way to get protein is....protein chocolate drink mixed with coffee.  
 SD:  6/09; HW:  263;  LW:  143; CW:  155; 5'5"; 62 yo
Mom4Jazz
on 1/22/12 9:17 pm, edited 1/22/12 9:18 pm
1. The best part about getting the VSG (other than weight loss) was...Remember that Bowflex commercial where the woman says "I'm 50 and I'm in the best shape of my life"? Well with all my skin I wouldn't dare put on that bikini, but I'll be 50 in a few weeks and I really am in the best shape of my life.

2. The worst part about getting the VSG was...Learning to let go of food as reward and comfort and start just treating it as food

3. Something I wish I knew before getting the VSG was...How hard it is psychologically to deal with stalls and fear of failure.

4. Something I wish I had at home after surgery that I didn't was...Miralax (sorry, TMI but true).

5. My favorite way to get protein is....For a big hit, a chocolate peppermint protein shake. In food, meat salads (tuna salad, chicken salad) because I can eat a little more of them than I can dense protein.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

howarli
on 1/22/12 10:23 pm - MD
That chocolate peppermint protein shake makes me think about a peppermint patty....it is of course TOM.  Where do you get this, or how do you make it?

Mom4Jazz
on 1/22/12 11:17 pm
A chocolate protein shake, ready made or powder. Add about 4-5 drops of peppermint extract for a single scoop shake, about 8-9 for a double scoop shake. (These are eye-dropper drops, not drops out of the bottle mouth - a little of this stuff goes a long way and too much is NOT better).

I also use some ice when making the shakes to keep them nice and cold while I drink them as I drink them a little slowly.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

loveliveteach
on 1/22/12 9:23 pm
Thank you so much for everyone who took the time to answer this so far. My surgery is in a few weeks and I am trying to cover all basics! Heating pad and miralax are now on the list :) 

I look forward to reading more!! 
My actual goal is to be happy & healthy....doesn't matter what number that lands on.      
HW 253  VSG 7/31/12 SW233 One day & one step at a time! 
slimpickins5280
on 1/22/12 11:24 pm - CO

1. I love how with each pound lost, it gets easier to do every-day things, like run up the stairs for the 500th time to get something I forgot.

2. Dealing with the guilt I feel for getting to the point that I actually needed surgery.

3. That I'm allergic to the surgery glue - had very unhappy surgery spots on my tummy for at least a month.

4. I pretty much had everything I needed. I was really glad my hubby put the recliner up in our room because I slept in it the first week and went from the bed to the chair the second week. The gravity pain was very uncomfortable those first 2 weeks.

5. Power crunch protein bars are my favorite (I eat one a day for snacks). The peanut butter and white chocolate are yummy. Love the milk chocoate and peanut butter ones, they taste like crunchy Reese's peanut butter cups. MMMM.....

For real protein I LOVE Jason's Deli Texas Chili (all meat, no beans), tuna salad, hamburger patties with mustard and pickles.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

smbergie200
on 1/22/12 11:32 pm - Naples, FL
1. The best part about getting the VSG (other than weight loss) was fitting in a pair of skinny jeans and feeling hot!

2. The worst part about getting the VSG was gas after the 3rd day of surgery.

3. Something I wish I knew before getting the VSG was why didn't I get it sooner.

4. Something I wish I had at home after surgery that I didn't was a nice body pillow to sleep with.

5. My favorite way to get protein is Jay Robb Protein shakes, Chobani Greek Yogurt, and Cheese!

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

skyjem
on 1/22/12 11:42 pm - Canada
1. The best part about getting the VSG (other than weight loss) was... I don't have to worry about getting bigger every year anymore.

2. The worst part about getting the VSG was... learning how to drink without pain or nausea.

3. Something I wish I knew before getting the VSG was... how hard it was going to be to get liquids & food in. It still seems like a part-time job sometimes.

4. Something I wish I had at home after surgery that I didn't was... prescription strength gravol.

5. My favorite way to get protein is.... protein drinks, by Kaizen, with skim milk, 29 grams. It's just easier.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views