Who did you have bring u 2 the hosp? did they stay?

Traci M.
on 2/1/12 5:39 am - CT
VSG on 03/13/12
Hey guys still waiting 4 my date.Was postponed due to finding out I have H-pylori virus.hopfully it will be gone on my next EGD sch fr Feb 9.Anyways I was wondering who did you have.go with you to the hosp the morning of surgery?Did they stay and wait? Or come back later.My kids want to come but to me kind of dosent make sense 4 them to miss school by just sitting and waiting in the room.And then I was told by my friend your kinda knocked out 4 a while with thedrugs and all.Same with my boyfriend should he miss an entire day of work?Or just come later when I'm awake? Any imput would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Traci

tripmom02
on 2/1/12 5:49 am - NJ
 I have 5 kids and had my surgery during summer vacation, so my mom dropped me at the hospital and went to work and my husband stayed home with the kids. I would suggest you put your foot down on this one and send them to school, they will be bored out of their minds at the hospital and then YOU will have to listen to them ***** moan and complain about that when all you are going to want to do is sleep LOL 

Have them come see you after you are ready, it will be easier all the way around.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Traci M.
on 2/1/12 6:00 am - CT
VSG on 03/13/12
Thanks that's what I was thinkin same with my bf.They can go 2 schoool see me later.Have the bf bring me 2 hospital then come see me later.They can't really do much for me when I'm in the operating room.

Traci

hwag5149
on 2/1/12 6:15 am
I would check with the hospital. At mine there were no children allowed in the surgery area or waiting room and they made it very clear. Children were also not allowed to visit. My mom came with me and stayed the entire 3 days. She didn't need to but it was nice. I slept 90% of the time though but it was nice having her there to talk to and to get things for me since the nurses took 800 hours to answer my calls and stop the machines from screaming.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/12 5:58 am
 My husband, daughter, and mom stayed and saw me in recovery (which I barely remember).  It wasn't that long of a stay for them as I whisked back and prepped for surgery as soon as we arrived and my surgery was only about an hour long.  They didn't stay there the entire time I was in the hospital, but did come back later.

That evening I said that I didn't need anyone to stay with me overnight and I regretted that.  I would have had less misery if I had someone there to at least help me get up and down during the night.  The nursing staff wasn't very attentive and it was tough dealing with the IV and the pump things on my legs every time.
Vrtualfire
on 2/1/12 6:00 am - MN
VSG on 01/13/12
My two daughters who live at home went to school and my husband drove me to the hospital and waited until i was out of recovery.  Honestly, as soon as he knew I was fine and told him to leave he did. It was really hard on him because I dont come out of anesthesia well and they had to sedate me.  For the first four hours I guess I just moaned in my bed and he felt so horrible about all the pain i was in, or appeared to be in.  He told me later me telling him to leave was the best thing I ever did.  I didnt have him or my daughters come bac****il the next morning once I had a handle on my pain and was able to move around a bit.  Then my girls took a walk with me and it was nice for them not to see me right after my surgery as it would have probably been scary for them.  

ThinVoyage
on 2/1/12 6:04 am - CA
VSG on 09/06/11 with
I think this is great question.  My surgeon called my wife after surgery and told her that everything went fine and that in one hour I will be in my room.  My wife took 2 days off just to be with me.  It was nice to see loving face when I was wheeled to my room.

I have two kids - 17 and 10.  We told my 17 yo what surgery I was having, and 10 yo did not.  My wife brought them after school, and 10 yo start crying because many systems were attached to my hands.  She thought I was dying.  

So, I think you need to decide what is best for you and what is going to comfort you.  Even though you will be on drugs, you still have feelings and want to be with people you love.  Hospital stay is horrible!!! 

HW - 390; SW - 308; CW - 215               
happyteacher
on 2/1/12 6:05 am
 Left the kids at home.  Hubby took 2 days off.  He planned on spending the night, but I sent him home.  I think day 1 was longer for him than for me.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Suzyq67
on 2/1/12 6:10 am - MN
I had my surgery last Thursday.  My husband dropped me off at the hospital (I encouraged that as I prefer to to "prepare" on my own) and went back home to take our daughter to school (she's 12) and then he went to the hospital and waited to see me.  This way our daughter didn't have to get up at 5am and wait around.

If you've never had surgery before and your nervous perhaps don't do it like I did.

Best of luck, it will go by fast.
Traci M.
on 2/1/12 6:10 am - CT
VSG on 03/13/12
Yeah you guys have a point.My son is 17 daughter 20 soo they know what's going on.I don't want to hurt there feelings by saying no I think there just afraid something might happen.I'm not scared at all yet lol When I get my date it will prob be diff.I guess I have some thinking to do lol

Traci

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views