Did anyone have to change their goal weight?

sutherngrl94
on 2/2/12 1:44 am - Raleigh, NC
That's awesome!!!  I've set my goal weight to 145 because I remember how good I felt at 150 but knew I needed to lose a few more pounds.  I weigh 285 right now and don't have a surgery date, but all of the sucess stories are giving me great motivation.  I'm nervous and good anxious at the same time.  I keep hearing about the grieving process regarding the food too.  I know I'm going to miss the old food but know that this is the best thing for me to be able to live as well.  Thanks!!
kwiegs3856
on 2/2/12 1:46 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
  I was never given a goal weight by my surgeon.  But If I want a normal BMI, then 135lbs would be my goal.  

DarleneR
on 2/2/12 1:43 am
I changed mine...a lot.  My original goal was 175 then I changed it to 170 then when I got to 180 I decided I would stop there but I kept losing down to 169 and today I was 172.  I would eventually like to get back up to 180 because I liked how I looked at that weight and I don't mind being a little on the "thicker" side.

HW/SW/GW/CW
296/277/180/185.6
sutherngrl94
on 2/2/12 1:47 am - Raleigh, NC
That's good to know as well.  I know I will never be a size 2 which I'm good with.  I have a picture in my head of what I'd like to look like but am pretty sure that's unrealistic too.  I might end up feeling the same way you do as well.  :) 
CheeseLover
on 2/2/12 1:45 am
VSG on 02/16/12
Sounds like he's just trying to convince you to set a more attainable goal. I'm sure if you put your mind and body to it, you can reach whatever goal you set! Good luck.
 HW: 396 SW: 299 CW: 252 GW: 175

FINALLY BROKE THAT GOD-AWFUL STALL!!!!
sutherngrl94
on 2/2/12 1:50 am - Raleigh, NC
You're probably right.  I might change it for now and when I get closer to goal then I can change it later.  I don't want to discourage myself right out of the gate.  I know I CAN do it because I'm just that stubborn but if I have a more attainable goal in the beginning then it will make things better.

katier825
on 2/2/12 1:46 am
I hate when people tell you that you CAN'T do something. Don't let it discourage you from trying! I lost some beyond my goal weight because I wanted to be in the normal BMI range...that was my goal change.
tripmom02
on 2/2/12 1:50 am - NJ
 Telling me I can't do something is a sure fire way to make me actually DO IT. I hate that too!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

sutherngrl94
on 2/2/12 1:52 am - Raleigh, NC
Ain't that the truth.  I'll probably change the goal to a more attainable weight at first but know that I will probably lose more just because I know I CAN.

Hopefully I'll be getting a surgery date soon!
kimbethin
on 2/2/12 2:18 am - CA
I just saw my surgeon last week.  I was shocked when he said I was 20 pounds from goal.  He calculated it using a formula of losing 75% of my excess weight.  That would make my goal 170 which to me is way too high for my 5'2" frame.  That makes me feel like I need to work harder and keep going.  In my head 130 seems more reasonable.  I have tried not to focus on numbers during this process.  I've always said I'll stop when it feels right.  To say I need to lose 60 more pounds is still overwhelming to me.  I try to take it 10 pounds at a time.  One of our OH friends, it may have been mom4jazz called it mini-goals.  That works for me.  I've been in a mad stall lately and I'm shooting for 189 right now.  Don't be discouraged.  I think the docs are trying to set realistic goals and not promise the moon.  My doc does say he does the surgery and the rest is up to the patient.  I know he won't tell me to stop at 170.  I will see him again in July and hope to be close to 130 by then!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 245 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 313 views