Did anyone have to change their goal weight?

sutherngrl94
on 2/2/12 1:08 am - Raleigh, NC
I was told that I might have to change my goal weight by my surgeon because I might not be able to get down to the weight I want to eventually be.  Has anyone else been told that?  That's very discouraging for me as a pre-op person.  I've already done all the pre-op testing, meetings, etc. and to be told that I might not see the weight that I'd like to kinda makes me want to say "really?  are you kidding me?"

Someone please tell me it isn't so.

Amy
sleevegirl
on 2/2/12 1:13 am - Austin, TX
The averages say you will lose 60% of your excess weight. Some lose 100%, some lose 10%. The AVERAGE is 60%.

I damn well plan on losing more than 60%. I'm actually just 6 pounds from my surgeon's goal weight for me of 250. My goal is 175 My surgeon says he thinks I can get there because I'm stubborn as heck

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

tripmom02
on 2/2/12 1:28 am - NJ
 I agree with your surgeon, on the getting there part, not the stubborn part LOL 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

sleevegirl
on 2/2/12 2:12 am - Austin, TX
I think the word he used was "determined" but he thinks I'm totally nuts, I'm sure :)

I'm a bit obsessive. Just a little.

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

tripmom02
on 2/2/12 2:14 am - NJ
 Oh I know my surgeon thinks I am a crazy person LOL He has this "look" that he gets when I am being pushy, and then he just laughs at me (though I usually get my way LOL). 

sleevegirl
on 2/2/12 3:03 am - Austin, TX
It does kind of make you think what they all talk about when they get together. I mean, they probably hear some crazy stuff. LOL

smbergie200
on 2/2/12 1:14 am - Naples, FL
I just posted something recently regarding this. I almost changed my goal weight, but I am sticking to my guns. I will get to 190 no matter what.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

sutherngrl94
on 2/2/12 1:27 am - Raleigh, NC
Good!!  I'm glad you guys are determined too.

Smbergie, where did you have your surgery?  I'm in Raleigh and having mine at Duke.
smbergie200
on 2/2/12 2:15 am - Naples, FL
Carolinas weight management.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

tripmom02
on 2/2/12 1:31 am - NJ
 I changed my goal weight, to LOWER then what we originally wanted LOL My original was 180 but when I got there I knew I could go lower, so my new goal is 159 and I am only 9 lbs away. 

You have to be determined, its easy to throw in the towel on the last couple of lbs b/c it does get harder the closer you get to "goal", so you want to want it and be prepared to do what it takes to get there. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views