Meal Ideas (1 yr post op)

Amy A.
on 2/2/12 3:14 am - Riceville, TN
Hi guys! I need some meal ideas! I am over 1 yr post op, so I can eat pretty much anything. I have honestly not been paying much attention to what I have been eating, and my scale is starting to reflect that.

So I am turning to y'all to help me "get back to basics" and throw some heathy meal ideas at me.

Thanks!
Maryatt50
on 2/2/12 3:20 am
 I will be 2 yrs out on the 9th - I noticed the same thing a few months ago.  I started a program with my gym (like Biggest Loser) - started writing down what I eat each day and really paying attention to protiens and carbs.  I have lost around 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks.  We can do this.  I think for me it's about paying attention to the protein and carbs.  Good Luck.
PaulaS
on 2/2/12 3:38 am - TX

My meal plan is to always have somethng prepared!  
Right now I am cooking chicken breast and pork loins on the pit outside.   We generally cook 2 large packages of boneless/skinless breast and one large package of pork loin. 
Then, we eat on that for several days. 
For variety, we occasionally pick up a roasted turkey breast at the grocery.
I usually make some kind of veggie like black-eyed peas to go along with it.
I love, love Fage 2% Greek yogurt and keep that on hand, too.  
I am just going on 10 months out, but still concrete heavily on just protein.    Not much room for anything else.
Oh, DH also cooks some turkey bacon and onion, then scrambles an egg with that for breakfast - not everyday, but as a treat!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
happyteacher
on 2/2/12 3:46 am
 Search out Frisco- he posts great looking dishes all the time :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Ms. Poker Face
on 2/2/12 4:12 am
Check out the World According to Eggface (google it) and Bariatric Foodie (google it).  LOTS of good food ideas.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

M. Nguyen
on 2/2/12 4:47 am - TX
hey amy. I'm one year and four months post op. My biggest advice...know what you are eating at all times. Start off with great sources of protein and work your way onto other sources of fibers and what not.

Getting back on track is quite difficult, but do take your time to ease on back in. It may help to get rid of the bad stuff..and start a nice healthy grocery shopping list. hope that helps.

recipe wise: I agree with Silly_sweet. Those are greatttt sites! I also use skinnytaste.com. (of course I alter certain recipes and substitute it with something VSG friendly)
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views