throwing up still

BigBach
on 2/5/12 8:26 am - MI
 Well today is day #4 of vomiting.  I have given up on the protein  drinks.  I drink I throw it up I am  now just concentrating on getting water down.  I am exhausted and getting dehydrated.   Call the doctor about it yesterday in a very rushed way I was told go back to full liquids and that GERDS could not be the problem.   Regretting everything right now.   Should I be this bad after 1 and a half weeks?   I have heard about Tinctures is this common with sleeves.  I know the day after they found allot of swelling top of my stomach.  Getting worried my husband is calling tomorrow and demanding for me to be seen.
Jaybee766
on 2/5/12 8:29 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
Gallbladder?  Is there pain in  your back?  I'm pre-op so no expert- just wondering.
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

BigBach
on 2/5/12 8:31 am - MI
 No pain in my back at all.

goingforit1
on 2/5/12 8:34 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
are you still on any pain meds or narcotics?  These caused vomitting for me the whole first day. Once I told them to stop the pain meds my stomach chilled out completely. 

countrytat
on 2/5/12 8:35 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
Maybe you are allergic to the protein drink. Are you still throwing up with out drinking the protein drink? Or maybe lactose intolerant?

BigBach
on 2/5/12 8:38 am - MI
 I stopped taking the pain meds day after surgery and I seem to be throwing up most everything .   Water is going down for now though.  I am at a lose and getting more and more worried

camietam
on 2/5/12 8:51 am - Ceres , CA
I had a blockage so this is my advice. Go see your doctor ask for an Upper GI. It wasn't until I started 1/3 cup pureed soft food and after 2 weeks of vomiting and being told revisions are harder and take longer to heal that we found a blockage. The nurse was no help.

I blogged my journey if you want to read it. I know you feel discouraged trust me I felt the same way. When you read what I went through I can say I understand. I am over 2 months out and doing a lot better.

Camie

camietam
on 2/5/12 8:58 am - Ceres , CA
On my blog start at Dec 2, 2011. I have a food journal and logged my vomiting.
Camie

Jamie_45
on 2/5/12 9:02 am - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
I developed a whey intolerance the 2nd week after surgery and had to stop drinking whey shakes/smoothies altogether.  You can get egg white protein (Jay Robb), but it's still sweet.  I had to go on soft/pureed foods half way through my second week and believe me, cottage cheese became my favorite food in the world!

thin1soon
on 2/5/12 10:52 am
You may have a stricture.  I threw up every day for 5 weeks and ended up in the hospital for dehydration after passing out.  Call your surgeon ASAP.
thin1soon  TN

Pre-surgery weight 11/6/08-253
Post surgery (12 wks.) 2/3/09-185
68 pounds lost

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 141 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 415 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views