3 week post op stats

Tirza T.
on 2/6/12 10:50 pm
VSG on 01/17/12
HW &CW: 330
SW: 294
CW: 275

I have lost a total of 55 pounds and 19 pounds since surgery. I was surprised when I weighed myself this week because all week I was only showing a 2 pound loss (for the week) and then today on my "weigh" day I lost 5 pounds for the week. I am pretty happy with my progress. I know that most of the weight or the weight comes off the fastest in the first 6 months. So I am hoping I can take off a nice chunk of weight during this time. I feel that although this weight loss speed will begin to slow I am currently right on target for my goals.

My next goal is to get to 250 pounds and to be able to minimize some of my blood pressure meds. So far so good. It is not easy, but it is not quite the nightmare dieting was before the surgery.

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
Tirza T.
on 2/6/12 10:53 pm
VSG on 01/17/12
the first cw is consult weight sorry for any confusion that may give
favrow812
on 2/6/12 11:00 pm - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Great Job!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

anninva
on 2/6/12 11:25 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
wow!!!!  you're doing great!!!  keep it up and you'll get wherever you want to go.  the first six months is the time to drop the most weight, but i'm a little past a year and am still losing, just at a slower rate.  i haven't gained since i had the surgery 1/10/11.  when was the last time any of us saw any of these results?!?!?!?!? 

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tirza T.
on 2/7/12 2:51 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Never had these results. Although I was always an incredibly quick gainer....lol
It is good to know that you are still losing. I want to do what I can to take advantage of the first 6 months but, I will still have a ways to go to reach my ultimate goal of 150.

Female, Height 5'6"
Jennifer H.
on 2/6/12 11:33 pm - TX
VSG on 01/17/12
Congrats on your stats! I am in a stall!! Yuck! Haven't lost since last week. I broke down last night and told my hubby I was the only person that could gain weight living on 500 calories per day. I know its just a stall, but of course, its the idea that I'll never lose another pound. You're still losing and that's great! It gives me hope that this stall will break soon. Keep up the great work!

Tirza T.
on 2/7/12 2:58 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Most people do hit a stall at this point. That was why I broke my promise with myself that I would only get on the scale once a week (instead of the obsession I usually have with it when I am dieting). But, the stall freaked me out and at first I wasn't losing and then I lost two pounds but then kept gaining and losing 0.8lbs. I was very pleased with todays results. Some peoples stalls come later though, so mine will be coming soon to, I am sure. I eat like 750 calories. I think for me my body functions better with the higher end of the calories I need for my NUTs diet plan. Your stall will definitely break. Next week you are going to tell you had a loss even if it is only 1 pound. Good luck! We are in this together my sleeve sister.

Female, Height 5'6"
Chanciekd
on 2/7/12 1:03 pm - MS
VSG on 01/23/12

Way to go!!!!!   Good job!   I find also, that this is easier.  At least I can't eat like a field hand any longer!!!!! LOL

I have lost 16 lbs. so far!    I am so happy that I finally decided to have the VSG!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 141 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 409 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views