P.S. Keep it simple! Love, Stupid

Happy966
on 2/23/12 9:18 pm

I am coming up on six months and there are several folks whose PMs and public posts have made a big difference.  Like turning on a light bulb!  I want to post about this topic because it seems timely - to me and maybe others.

As I read posts of people just out of surgery, I remember how worried and scared I was to get it right.  I am a firstborn overachiever, and while it is good to want to be successful, looking back I see that so much of that worry was wasted energy.

Frisco told me something that really helped me relax.  He told me I was making this way too hard, that I was *over thinking* something that was really pretty simple. 

In OA, we have a saying that "my best thinking got me here."  Meaning, our intellect isn't very helpful when trying to deal with our food issues.  So Frisco's response was a real "a-ha" moment for me.  All this "over thinking" was not useful and distracted me from the fundamental issues. 

I have a food plan, I have demonstrated evidence that it works, all I have to do is follow it.  I don't mean we don't ever have to change our food plans.  But I mean, most of my questions or worries are answered just by following my food plan and trusting in the process. 

So for you new-new guys (cause I'm a new gal!), don't worry about ketosis or eating to make up for exercise calories, or whether you're hungry on mushies, or IF YOU STALL.  It all really does work out if you don't push your food progression, eat small, measured portions, and hit your carb, protein and calorie goals (i.e., track your food).  Oh.  And drink your water!

On that note, I have posted about bouncing around 199-201 pounds for several weeks.  Well, I am sitting here today firmly out of the 200s (now I'm bouncing between 197-198 - haven't seen that "2" in a a week) and in a smaller pants size.  I am *always* amazed we can go down in size while weighing the same.  I have to keep reminding myself to get out of my way.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Shagdoll
on 2/23/12 9:22 pm
We are on the same wave length. I loved your post! I am such a stair stepper loser but I know if I stay on plan, the pounds will drop again eventually ... & they do. You are doing great! Congrats on your success so far!
JenSchroed
on 2/23/12 9:28 pm
Well said!!!
On the journey to something new . . .     

frisco
on 2/23/12 9:45 pm

Right on Happy... I'm glad I was able give you that moment......

How that came about was in my early days..... I flipped it on Dr. Cirangle...... I told him...what ever he tells me to do is the "Law" and I will do it...... If I don't lose the weight....it will be his problem to figure out (half joking).... he was fine with that....

The plan I was given is a known successful plan.....just follow it......so that's what I did...it was very clear. So I just did...no real thinking...just stay within the lines. 

What it did was to free up my mind to learn about why I was doing these things......and than eventually it comes together and I had a greater understanding. But never questioning any of his guidance......that's his job to guide me... my job was to do it.....pretty simple......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Happy966
on 2/23/12 10:29 pm

I am not perfect, and I don't do this perfectly.  I have made my share of mistakes and not-so-good choices.  But it's not like I don't know what works! 

A sincere thank you!

debk21
on 2/23/12 9:46 pm - Mansfield, TX
I was also a stair step loser.  It's okay as long as the number keeps going down.  I agree with your post about not over-thinking things.  If you do that, the process can become overwhelming and you can get lost.  Just follow your eating plan, log and measure everything, move your body, drink your water and it WILL work.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.  I think it will help lots of people who may be overwhelmed...great post!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Happy966
on 2/24/12 12:06 am

Deb, you really are a Wonder Woman!  I am so inspired by your journey and your posts.  I know I have to be in this for the long-haul, and it's so wonderful to see you guys still active who are at goal and still workin' it.  Thanks!!

BroadwayBaby
on 2/23/12 9:48 pm
Love your post!  I'm glad you've gotten firmly into "onederland" and wish you much success!
Happy966
on 2/24/12 12:01 am

Boy, me too!!  Happy days!

Hayley73
on 2/23/12 10:10 pm
VSG on 04/17/12 with
As a "still counting down to THE day" new girl I REALLY appreciate all the useful tips and comments from all you that have gone before me!!!

I have been learning as much as I can pre-op in order to help myself not over think it after wards...Not certain this plan will work, but being aware before seems like a good plan for me.

That being said, I'm sure I will be all over this board asking questions and seeking guidance in 66 days or so (not that I'm counting or anything!!) LOL

Thanks again and please, keep it comin!!!
Wake up every morning with the thought that something WONDERFUL is gonna happen!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 141 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 415 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views