miciaRN
on 2/24/12 1:14 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
 Hi everyone!! This is my first time posting, but I have been lurking and reading everyone's post for a while; very inspiring, I can't wait unit it's my turn! Now to my question: I am going thru Kaiser So. Cal and just finished Options and my clearance appointment. Now my case has been referred to Kaiser W. LA. I wanted to ask whether anyone else had their surgey there and how was the experience? 

specialone
on 2/24/12 1:46 am - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12

I'M SORRY I CAN'T ANSWER YOUR QUESTION FOR JUST WANTA SAY HI!!!! I'M SURE SOMEONE WILL CHIME IN AND ANSWER YOUR QUESTION FOR YOU!

S/W233        
miciaRN
on 2/24/12 1:52 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
Hi to you too! And congrats on your recent surgery!!!
JordynsMommy
on 2/24/12 1:59 am - PA
VSG on 05/10/12
 HELLO THERE, I AM SORRY I DO NOT HAVE THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION BUT I DID WANT TO SAY HEYYYYYY! AND WELCOME TO OH AND HAVE FUN, THERE ARE ALOT OF GREAT PEOPLE IN HERE AND THEY ARE VERY HELPFUL. 

GONNA BE SLEEVED APRIL 5TH!!!!

miciaRN
on 2/24/12 2:07 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
 Thank you! Yes I have seen all of the wonderful postings on here and many people have given great insight with their personal experiences. Congrats on the date!! From the timeline my coordinator gave me, I think my surgery will be some time around that date as well. We may be going thru this journey at the same time!!

Arianasmama
on 2/24/12 2:17 am - Beverly Hills, CA
Hi and welcome!  I wnt through the options program at Kaiser SoCal but had my actual surgery done at Pacific Bariatrics in San Diego but my sister had her surgery done in WLA and she has done well.  They have a WLS support group and the information is below:

New Location: West Los Angeles main campus on Cadillac Dr. (Bring your parking ticket with you and we'll validate it)
* Dates: 2nd Monday and 4th Wednesday of the every month
* Time: 6:00 - 7:30 pm

Be encouraged!
Be Blessed            
miciaRN
on 2/24/12 2:29 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
 Thank you so much for the info!! I will definitely check it out. You are doing so well with your weight loss. I can't wait until I can boast those numbers! 
Arianasmama
on 2/24/12 2:32 am - Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you.  Enjoy your journey.
Be Blessed            
Barbara W.
on 2/24/12 3:11 am - Upland, CA
VSG on 05/23/12
I also have Kaiser SoCal and finished Options January 11th.  Haven't heard another word out of
them.  They did say I probably wouldn't until March. Surgery should be done at
St Bernardines in San Bernardino. No appointment yet for clearance, psych or nut appts.
A friend of mine had the surgery in January.  She had Dr Chin and was sleeved at
St Bernardines in San Bernardino (both of us have Kaiser, Fontana).  She had nothing
but good things to say about her experience.  I hope I am as lucky.

miciaRN
on 2/24/12 3:33 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
 Good luck with everything! I don't know how that office works, but I would suggest calling them and hounding them lol. That's what I did. Otherwise, there is no teling how long I would been waiting. And even with the clearance appt itself, I was originally scheduled for 3/20 but I called them and was able to pick up a cancelled appt. I just finished my classes on the 9th of this month and I called them the next day. I wanted the coordinator to know my name and know I was going to be bugging her until I got my appts. I just had my clearance appt yesterday and she called me early this morning to set me up at WLA. As they say, the sqeaky wheel gets the grease (usually). 

Most Active