Protein Shakes

Eliza60
on 2/25/12 2:05 am
 Just wondering what protein shakes everyone uses.  I have been drinking the Premier shakes they are low calorie and carbs......I would like to get some powder so i can mix with other stuff but there are so many choices...
fit2lose
on 2/25/12 2:30 am - MN
VSG on 05/07/12
I am still experimenting since I am pre-op, but so far the milk chocolate ISO 100 and the chocolate Unjury have been my favorite.  Going to do my first test of the unflavored unjury mixed in chicken broth soon.
Mike B.
on 2/25/12 2:34 am
I drink the Premier shakes for on the go. The also buy Muscle Milk 100% Whey at Costco. I get both vanilla and chocolate. I don't like the smell or task of the whey, so I use skim milk and add fruit to my shakes. It helps me get them down. The only problem with using milk and adding fruit is, it add calories; but it's worth it to me so that I can get them down. Good luck finding what you like.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

DanaSue
on 2/25/12 2:44 am
My surgery date isn't until April 2, but I did purchase some things that I will need  post-op.  I tried the Unjury chocolate this morning and it was delicious.  I think it would be great warmed up, too.  I also purchased the unflavored, vanilla to mix fruit in, maybe strawberries and bananas, and the chicken soup.
Haven't tried those yet.
(deactivated member)
on 2/25/12 2:48 am, edited 2/25/12 2:48 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
When I am looser with my carbs for vanilla I prefer Optimum Nutrition Cake Batter, and for chocolate I prefer the Caramel Almond Toffee.

When I am tighter with my carbs I prefer Syntrax Dessert Nectar Chocolate Truffle, and have not found a lower carb vanilla that I care to put in my mouth.

I prefer the powder to the RTDs and pretty much always have, but it also makes it easier when I travel to not have to pay for extra liquid weight! 
J.Lo 74
on 2/25/12 4:15 am
I love Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle..
Ms. Poker Face
on 2/25/12 4:55 am
I'm a Syntrax Nectars girl.  I prefer the fruity flavors.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

pedirn06
on 2/25/12 5:59 am
VSG on 01/26/12
 I agree syntrax .....fuzzy navel is my fav so far 
pedirn06

Louisianawench
on 2/25/12 5:15 am - New Orleans, LA
VSG on 03/21/12
I use Body Fortress whey protein from walmart. I use different flavored extracts with the vanilla flavored powder to add some extra zip. Also try unjury chicken flavored protein powder its excellent!
Happy Girl
on 2/25/12 5:16 am - CA
If using powder synthrax nec. Choco or vanilla. Pre made I like oh yeah chocolate and believe mocha latte. Good luck!

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 431 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 451 views