Finally home and doing great

Georgie Mayhem
on 2/26/12 11:23 am - New Zealand
Hi everyone!!
Home yay. so great to be home.
The flight from India and drive home took about 25hrs, flew home 7 days after surgery.
Feel really good, slightly jet lagged but not too bad.
India was very interesting! My surgeon? Awesome! Some of the nurses spoke very good english and were great, some not so much, so just kept asking to get other nurses which they did, Medical care of there is the same as any developed country some of the after care was too conservative. Was kept in icu for 1 whole day and night, and wasnt allowed up to walk at all!
Had no gas pain what so ever though. They kept in the iv fluids until day 3 also.
If anyone is thinking about medical tourism I suggest to do it yourself by contacting the hospital directly, I went with Healthbase Medical Tourism, and could not tell you what service they did or have offered me except relaying messages to and fro the hospital to myself, which I eventually bypassed and just emailed the hospital directly, which was quicker.
The incision which the stomach was removed was the worst, I didnt ask for pain meds and started telling them not to give them to me as made me slighly neauseated, and the pain was very manageable, whenever I walked held a pillow on that incision which helped, Got a binder which helped for the flight and drive home. So would I go to India again, YES. cost $6600 usd through healthbase medical torism company, cheaper to bypass third party. The standard of Medical care was what we have in our country New Zealand which is very good.
If I went to India again I would ask more about the post op care  to what I would be experiencing, I was surprised being in icu for 1 whole day and night and not being allowed to walk, I was on blood thinners however, but I knew I would be in icu for a day but thought they would have me up walking after 4 hours, that was my only complaint however, and since I'm feeling 85% like the old me, maybe it fastened recovery time up slightly? I dont know , but I'm very pleased with Dr Wadhawan and my recovery.

loser2be
on 2/26/12 12:07 pm - CA
VSG on 03/02/12
Congrats on having a successful surgery and hoping for a speedy 100% recovery.

Jill

moonglo82
on 2/26/12 12:10 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
I'm so glad to hear it went well. I was wondering how you were doing!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

specialone
on 2/26/12 7:55 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12

I'M GLAD EVERYTHING WENT WELL! WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY AND WELCOME TO THE LOSER'S BENCH!!!

S/W233        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 339 views