IS 35LBS IN 8 WEEKS GOOD OR SLOW

katy
on 3/1/12 11:33 am
THATS ALL I HAVE LOST SINCE SURGERY 12/17 SINCE I AM A REVISION I THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS SLOW WEIGHT LOSS NEED TO LOOSE A HUNDRED NEED HELP.
herstoryteacher
on 3/1/12 11:44 am - Walnut Creek, CA
I think you are moving in the right direction.  Stay positive slow or not you are LOSING!!! YEAH!!!

ready2sleeve
on 3/1/12 11:46 am - CA
Hey Katy

Congrats your doing well, you will get to that 100 pounds slow or fast loser isn't the focus as long as you continue to loose to your goal and then maintaim the weightloss just keep track of protein, carbs, water, calories and exercise, its a journey just keep at it

Carla

Pre-op: 320, SW: 298, CW 194,  Doctors goal 180,  My GW 160   
Georgie Mayhem
on 3/1/12 12:36 pm - New Zealand
are you being serious? Or do you just want a pat on the back.
Because we can say good on you if thats what you want.

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/12 12:47 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
that's about 4 lbs a week.  you will probably start losing at a slower rate once you get down to a lower weight.  2lbs is a good healthy rate.  i have to lose 100lbs and am giving myself 8 months (2lbs a week), i'm sure i will have big whooshes of weight loss and stalls but it should all even out.
Happy966
on 3/1/12 12:52 pm

I was regular ol' VSG (not a revision) and I lost 30 pounds in my first 8 weeks.  So that sounds pretty good from my perspective.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Shagdoll
on 3/1/12 2:06 pm
You lost over 30% of your excess weight in 2 months. I'd say that's pretty good!! Keep it up!!
katier825
on 3/1/12 6:31 pm
You are doing great! Your average weekly loss is around 4 lbs/week. Mine was 2 lbs/week and I lost all of mine pretty quickly. It seems so slow when you are losing. Once you get there and look back, you realize how quickly it happens!
2muchgirl4u ~
on 3/1/12 8:18 pm
Are you kidding? That's awesome! Have you ever lost that much in 2 months before? I haven't, not even with the band. Keep up the good work!
Blind_Justice1
on 3/1/12 9:48 pm - KY
I was having some of the same thoughts.  I was sleeved on Dec 21st, but I have only lost 38 lbs.  The rest was 6 mo pre op.  I haven't been cleared to do any exercising besides walking yet, so I hope when I get to go to the gym that more weight will fall off.  I feel like we are doing pretty good.  Some of the stories on here make me feel like I am not doing something right, but 38lbs is nothing to sneeze at I guess. 

Hang in there...everyone says that a year from now, we will be thinking that this kind of feelings will feel silly.  I hope so.  I'm just going by how my clothes fit and my inches lost which is a lot better than the scale!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views