4 years out... weight regain. Need Help!

RosieScorp
on 3/12/12 3:12 am
Hi... I am 4 years out from having the VSG.  I lost 115 lbs and still needed to lose 20 lbs to be at goal.  I never made it to goal.  I have now regained 30 lbs (Might not sound like much to you all but it is HUGE to me) and now I have 50 to lose to get to goal. 

I am wondering if anyone here has been in my shoes and got back on track and lost weight and got to goal. 

I have thought about have the DS but honestly, I think that is drastic for just needing to lose 50 lbs. 

Does anyone have the liquid diet they were on before and after VSG?  I am thinking about doing the liquid diet for 3 or 4 weeks and see if that gets me back on track.  Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions, etc?  I am so desperate that I am open to anything at this point

Thanks in advance, Kay
RosieScorp
on 3/12/12 6:56 am
has anyone heard of being re-sleeved?  I would love to find a doctor to do this... if it is possible.

Kay
Zee Starrlite
on 3/12/12 7:01 am
re-sleeving is very dangerous.  If you have any surgery at all, the DS would be more appropriate.  What are your stats?  What are you doing as far as eating and exercise?  details, details, details.

I wish you all the best Kay.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

RosieScorp
on 3/12/12 7:12 am
Stats: Surgery Summer 2008
Lost 115 lbs
Gained 30 back
Exercise has been minimal although I have started doing Richard Simmons (I have horrible knees).
Eating: Not that I eat a lot at one sitting, I just munch throughout the day at work.  I am going to start sipping water all day again... and stop eating sunflower seeds all day.  Thankfully, I still cannot eat a lot at one sitting. 

I am scared of the DS.  :-(  And to lose 50 lbs, I am not sure a surgeon would do it?

Thanks for your support.  I am so ashamed that I have gone back to my old eating habits.

Kay
Zee Starrlite
on 3/13/12 1:47 am

It sounds like your sleeved stomach still works and you need only to incorporate better habits.  A smaller sleeve would not stop you long term from eating throughout the day.  You've got to find a way to pace yourself - in a way that works for you. 

I have a twice reconstructed knee  - get yourself a bike and start riding, spinning whatever.  My bikes have been my refuge.  Bad knees work good with floor exercise and they feel so much relief carrying less weight!

Ummm you are down 85lbs, EIGHTY FIVE fricken pounds - you are amazing dear Kay!.  No way you need a revision.  You need to get your mind and spirit right.  You must believe you can do this first and then do it.

I go to Weigh****chers - would something like that help you?  You can try OA for support or whatever fits and helps you.

If I could be of support please contact me and I will pass along my cell number to you.

Blessings,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

acochr2
on 3/12/12 6:59 am
 my liquid diet was simple..2 weeks before surgery and 2 weeks after. The 2 weeks before surgery i lost 24lbs so it could certainly help to go back to the basics. 64+oz water and 70grams protein. 

week 1 and week 4 should be full liquids- strained soups (not potato), SF jello, chicken or beef broth, plain flavored yogurt, Sf popcicles, decaf coffee, protein shakes 

week 2 and 3- chicken broth, water, isopure zero carb, SF jello/popsicles, powerade zero
RosieScorp
on 3/12/12 7:08 am
Thanks so much!  I am going to try this.  I figure.. what do I have to lose at this point, except weight and my feeling of being a failure. 

Kay
USAF Wife
on 3/12/12 7:03 am
Google "The 5 Day pouch test". It's a way to get back on track. Then cut the carbs and crap foods, go back to the basics of not eating/drinking together.

Getting resleeved is not recommended, and I've only seen one questionable MX surgeon offer it, and then once he got in there, he decided not to do because the sleeved stomach was fine, and still small.

Protein, protein, protein. Set a meal plan, schedule, don't b.s. your way through it. Start tracking your intake on myfitnesspal. You don't have to do all liquids for an extended amount of time. I've done the "pouch" test to get rid of carbs, and I never do the liquid part of it, but I do the straight protein, no carbs, no junk. The first 2-3 days suck, but it works.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

RosieScorp
on 3/12/12 7:15 am
Thanks USAF.  I am going to print this out and I am going to start tracking my food intake.  I still cannot drink and eat at the same time.  My stomach can't tolerate it.
Crabadams72
on 3/12/12 11:12 am - Silver Spring, MD

http://www.laplose.com/Media/Forms/SleeveDietGuide.pdf

Please bookmark this guide. There are several online if you search for them.

Lifelong success depends on you following certain parts of the WLS rules

No drinking and eating at the same time.
Do not drink your calories. Water,water,water.
60+grams of protein daily.
Timed meals--no grazing--this is the number 1 way to gain weight.
Exercise

Maybe you can find a support group near you to attend.
Also look on here for the "what are you eating today thread" -that is helpful to see what others are eating.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views