Plication.... My surgeon is doing this....

RosieScorp
on 3/14/12 6:31 am
Talked to my surgeon's office today.  They now do a plication procedure for folks that have gained weight after the sleeve.  Has anyone done this or heard of it?  Thanks in advance, Kay
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/12 6:47 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Here is a thread where we talked about it some and there are some links. 

Good luck, MzKay.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4493294/My-daughter-ha s-chosen-Plication-Could-use-some-feedback-on/
RosieScorp
on 3/14/12 6:50 am
Thanks so much! I jus****ched a video of the procedure on You Tube. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbQxotHYYAk
RosieScorp
on 3/14/12 7:06 am

That thread was about someone that wanted to do it as a first choice surgery.  I am wanting to do it as a revision.  My surgeon wants me to doing an upper GI to see if my pouch is stretched.  If it is not, then I can't have it done.  I really doubt that it is because I still cannot eat a lot at one time.  I am going to do the upper GI and see what he thinks.  I am still thinking maybe 2 weeks of liquids and see if I can get the carb cravings under control and take off some weight at the same time.   I started out size 28 pants and I am still wearing 14/16 pants but I want to wear size 10/12 so I really need to get a move on losing.  I have 50 lbs to lose so I need to get busy.

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/12 7:10 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Yea, but one of the links was about someone who had complications. 

Liquids make me binge, but if you can do 2 weeks of them without it being for a medical intervention (which is what I would need!) then more power to you, Mz Rosie!! 

I just have to go back to pushing protein, and when I push protein my space is limited, but when I add other things.. oy.  I have room for some crap!  :}
RosieScorp
on 3/14/12 7:21 am
Is there a protein drink that you can recommend?  I dislike the tastes of most... but since I am pretty desperate here.. maybe I can learn to tolerate them! :)

Kay
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/12 7:27 am, edited 3/14/12 7:34 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Yes!  and if you PM me your address, I will send you a sample of 2 of them this weekend!

Lowest carb favorite chocolate - Syntrax Nectar Chocolate truffle (will send sample if you like)

no favorite lowest carb vanilla. 

Most favorite vanilla - Optimum Nutrition Cake Batter (I will send sample if you like).  Higher carbs, but only like 3, so not "high" carb like the BSN or Syntha mixes.  130 cals

Most Favorite Chocolate - Optimum Nutrition Caramel Toffee Fudge  4 carbs per serving 130 cals. 

I have to drink them or else my protein labs are in the crapper, but those are my faves.  I put them in coffees (hot and cold)  Teas (hot and cold) and will also just add a bit of water to a scoop sometimes and just down it when I do not have the time or inclination to mix up a shake. 

Folks like premiere protein ready to drinks, but  I think that's too rich for how many I need to drink (although have not priced them to be quite honest) and get them at Costco. 

Lemme dig up a protein thread and link you to some other folks' suggestions!

Do pmme your address if you want me to share some with you. I am glad to, especially since the cake batter only comes in 5 pound buckets. :}

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4451010/Warm-protein-d rinks-ways-we-can-make-them-share-yours-please/

I will also freeze cream soda into cubes, and put in a ziptop bag, and use those to grind into my shakes. You can also use frozen tea cubes and sweeten appropriately.

Cajun_Lady1029
on 3/14/12 8:10 am - VA
Revision on 04/16/12
Hey yall!
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was wondering if Optimum nutrition sells samples?  I'm completely ADDICTED to cake batter and when I saw you'd typed that flavor I HAD TO ASK!! Thanks bunches!!!
Toni    HW:293  CW:287  SW:TBD  GW:140

"Obstacles are the frightful things you see when you take your eyes of your goal" Henry Ford    
bbearsmama
on 3/14/12 9:28 am
RNY on 02/28/13
 Bookmarking this thread! Brandilynn--when you speak--I always must bookmark! Love your words of wisdom!!

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

RosieScorp
on 3/14/12 2:14 pm
Wow!  Thanks so much!  How do I PM you here???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views