Plication.... My surgeon is doing this....

Shannon_K
on 3/14/12 11:13 am - OK
 I love Visalus. I know the protein is not super high but my doctor said it was ok.  It taste great and is the only thing other than almonds and beef jerky that doesn't cramp my stomach.  VGS 2-7-12
goingforit1
on 3/14/12 9:10 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
cake batter protein? LINK, PLEASE!!!!
Shannon_K
on 3/14/12 11:14 am - OK
 Www.shannonknapptulsa.myvi.net.  

USAF Wife
on 3/14/12 9:55 am
Out of the 3 that I followed pretty closely when it first was being advertised by the Mexican surgeons, 1 has had major complications, and had to revise to the sleeve, 1 has never hit goal and is trying to pay off the plication so she can self-pay for a revision to the sleeve, and 1 is happy, but has complaints of returned full on hunger, and her restriction is minimal even with dense protein.

One of the pioneering surgeons, Dr. Watkins actually quit doing them for a bit because of complications and lack of good results.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/12 10:02 am - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
how on earth can you plicate a sleeved stomach?  isn't it already so thin there would be nothing to fold over?  or is that for people who had too big of sleeves in the first place.  that blows my mind, if someone could explain how that is done. 
RosieScorp
on 3/14/12 2:13 pm
Not sure myself.  I will know more when I see the surgeon.  Before I do that, I am going to try to get back on track.  I really do not want to have more surgeries.  He said that he is doing this for folks that have gained some weight back. 
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/12 11:52 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
how much weight did you gain back?  i would really try to get 'back on track' before having another surgery.  unless your sleeve was a total dud they screwed up on and left a lot of fundus that got stretched i suppose.  have you been following a low carb (less than 40g) a day plan?  i know that is very popular with the people who are successful in maintenence.  i know they talk about eating their dense proteins first and undereating their sleeves.  seems to be a good idea and might help you if you haven't tried it.   good luck.  i personally can't get plication, the person who i first talked to wanted me to get it instead of the sleeve but when she found out about my GERD and past ulcer issues she told me i wasn't a good candidate for plication and to get the sleeve instead. 
RosieScorp
on 3/19/12 6:34 am
I have gained 30 lbs back.  No, I have not been following the 40 g low carbs daily.  I am trying to get back to that.  Is there a message board for folks maintaining their weight loss here?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views