OPTIFAST DIET, 1ST WEEK NOT A BREEZE

lovelymami703
on 3/31/12 1:40 am, edited 3/31/12 1:46 am - VA
VSG on 04/04/12 with
So I started my Optifast diet (2weeks) on March 21st as of March 29th I have lost 12lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I'm excited and giddy about my weightloss prior to surgery I just cant imagine how Im going to be after.... I did cheat, since I have to cook all meals for my family, (they are helpless) but it was a bite, I felt really bad and havent done it since (I PROMISE)!!!! I know I can do this, I wouldnt have started if I didnt think I couldnt. This is for me and my son who I live for. He gives me everything I need, and now its time for me to return the favor. Ready to start my life Happy, Healthy and HOTT!!!!!!!! 

APRIL 4TH IS ABOUT TO GET HIS ASS KICKED!!!!!!!!! LETS GO!!!! 

Any suggestions for when Im in the hospital such as what i should take, any protein drinks for afterwards (nothing can be as bad as the OPTIFAST), Any comments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated......
Love me like you'll never see me again!!!!!!            
Ms. Poker Face
on 3/31/12 2:04 am
Congrats on getting through week one of preop Optifast!  Stay on track with it this week (even though it is super hard)!  You can do it!

As for the hospital, I took too much stuff.  All I really needed was my phone, phone charger and chapstick.  Plus comfy, loose-fitting clothes for the ride home.

I struggled with most protein drinks immediately post op because they were too thick!  So I ended up getting some Isopure (zero carb premade) from GNC (check your local mall).  I didn't really care for the taste of it, but it's runny like water, so it was easy to drink.  I mixed it half and half with water so the taste was more tolerable.

And finally, good luck!!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

clubnewyou
on 3/31/12 2:04 am, edited 3/31/12 2:05 am - TN
OK so I'm here in Tennessee and i can really relate to your message i am starting my diet tomorrow on my own my date is April 30Th  and i live for all three of my kids. Your words were so enthusiastic it further confirms for me that i am doing the right thing ....As far as my new start on life I'm ready to see myself as healthy hot and happy too.... and in the words of young jeezy let's get it.....

P.S. I went online yesterday to the Unjury site and ordered the Chicken Broth Powder and I will be purchasing the Premier Protein Powder also Milk of Magnesium and Vitamins....I wish you much success and keep your eye out for me on the losers bench.
ruggie
on 3/31/12 2:08 am - Sacramento, CA
The good thing is it's temporary - you just have to push through it.  Mark the days down on the calendar and relish that the number gets smaller and smaller ;)

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

lovelymami703
on 3/31/12 2:21 am - VA
VSG on 04/04/12 with
Thank you SOO much guys!!! It really does help having people go through the same thing as you and you dont have to feel weird about saying anything or uncomfortable..... IM SOOO READY!!!!
AnnMarie
on 3/31/12 2:53 am
VSG on 04/10/12
I feel like many of us should have membership cards to the "liquid diet/sucks but worth it" club! Regarding hospital stay--I had multiple surgeries to fix my band (ha ha) and I didn't take my phone (but that was before zynga games on the droid! lol) definitely a lip moisturizer (I buy a new one so I won't lose the one I carry with me)super comfy, loose clothes and MINDLESS reading. I get bored super easy and as I would drift in and out of sleep, I wanted something to do (I don't sleep with the tv on) Think the TMZ version of written materials Oh, slippers you can wear out of the hospital.
Best to you on your surgery, it's so soon and I'm excited for you!

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views