Boyfriends not going with me to surgery

AlbeeTenshi219
on 4/11/12 5:29 am - MD
Thats a really sucky situation but I can actually really relate to it. Back when I was thinking about having my surgery I told my boyfriend of 3 years about it and he was super against it. He kept saying things like 'why take the easy way out? people lose weight the old fashioned way all the time...just stop being lazy and go run around the block" stuff like that.  And yet at the same time he was also telling me things like I need to lose weight, he was no longer attracted to me since I'd gotten heavy and that the way I looked "disgusted him"...yeah no exaggerations there either.  Of course shortly after we finally broke up. I was devestated for a bit but then I went on had my sleeve and lost 132lbs and counting. I have/have had the unwavering support of my family and friends and become so much healthier and 10 times happier because I was finally able to start focusing on me and enjoying MY life. 

I know how hard this can be when someone you love who is supposed to be there to support you just completely abandons you when you try to do somethign they don't personally like. Honestly, I'm not sorry about your relationship endind. It is probably the BEST thing to happen to you (besides your surgery) right now. It may feel like absolute crap for a little while as you mourn the loss of your relationship but just remember that this is about YOU. Your health, and your happiness comes first ALWAYS. And if he can't appreciate you for being brave enough to stand up and do something to benefit your health then he's kind of a douche anyway.

Anyways, best of luck to you and stay strong :)

HW/SW/CW/GW
324 /317 /170 /165                       

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views