It's a new week!

Happy966
on 4/23/12 2:02 am

OK, I had 2 containers of PB2, one at home and one at work.  I emptied the one at home in the garbage and followed Diane's truly inspired suggestion to throw the remainder of the one at work in with my protein powder and mix it all up.  I have so much protein left, I probably won't even taste it, but that's okay. 

Then, I bundled up the open and unopened Fiber Gummies and threw them in the outside garbage.

Today, I am willing to do what is necessary to not compulsively overeat.  I am not always willing, I will not be able to do this perfectly, but I am willing to do what is needed to save me from the monkey.  Thank you for all your support.

(((Hugs))) to all!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Mom4Jazz
on 4/23/12 2:33 am
Good on ya!

And {{hugs}} right back!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Donna B.
on 4/23/12 2:33 am
Hi Happy!

It is good to see you again and good to read your post.  Reading your posts have helped me in the past. 

Great job on grabbing the bull by the horn!

i have had to take some food that was causing me a problem in the past and throw it in the trash and spray it with Lysol so i wouldn't be tempted to go back to it after relegating it to the trash.  Some things are better left untouched and forgotten about rather than being tormented with thoughts of it and knowing it is nearby. 

~hug~

55 y.o.    5'4"      HW: 180's      CW: 127      Doctor's GW: 130           My GW:  117        

~ working on reaching goal again after regain            

INgirl
on 4/23/12 2:37 am
Hugs back at you! 

It must have been throw the monkey in the trash day :) 
Yesterday I cleaned out my pantry and boxed up all the stuff I had set aside for "someday" for my husband to take to work for the folks at the center to use.. pastas of all sort, canned baked beans (tons of sugar), bottles of honey, cereals, rice, and that sort.. white junk food. I had boxed this up prior to surgery thinking I'd maybe want to have some in the future.. now that the future is here, nah.. For the first time since surgery I have no foods in the house that are pure junky stuff, and that feels rather darn good. If I want it that badly, I will get a serving size of it from the bulk store, no need to stock the shelves with things that I just don't eat anymore. Here's to taking the monkey out with the trash!!

fran67
on 4/23/12 4:00 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
Good for you, Happy!

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

Shagdoll
on 4/23/12 6:10 am
Hey Happy!
I know of your peanut butter obsession & how hard it must have been to get rid of that one container. I went on a hike with Alison (acbbrown) yesterday & she told me she found sugar free peanut butter flavored syrup at Smart & Final. Maybe you can try that with your protein shakes & coffee to get your peanut butter fix??

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/23/12 9:58 am
So proud of you!!  We can do this, Happy!  One day at a time!!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op