Two questions for newly sleeved - vets feel free to weigh in

econtiff
on 5/1/12 3:30 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 90g of protein? Just from shakes?
rhearob
on 5/1/12 3:42 am - TN
 Yep.  Of course I messed up and went straight to full liquids and skipped clear liquids.  I would have shakes made with the body fortress Whey Protein Isolate from Kroger (its sold other places).  i scoop in 8ozs of water had 30g of protein.  I still use them if I need a protein boost - but I much prefer real food.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Cortnee Z.
on 5/1/12 2:08 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
I feel like I had the SAME experience. I would get ready for the day, go out and about for a few hours, then come home and rest! Don't worry! You are doing great!

I also had similar issues with protein drinks. I didn't really feel any different until I started eating foods. 

Hope that helps!!

Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
econtiff
on 5/1/12 3:34 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Thanks glad to be normal! :)
Cortnee Z.
on 5/1/12 3:37 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
I hear that!!  
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
pinkpeonies
on 5/1/12 2:40 am
VSG on 04/23/12
I've been reading up a bit on protein and am wondering if the filminess in your mouth has anything to do with the quality of the protein you're getting. I WAS getting that same icky mouth feeling until I switched to Unjury--using the unflavored protein with Mio or Crystal Light for flavor. There's a little bit of a weird mouth feeling but not nearly as much as with the Walmart Pure Protein I'd been using. Syntrax Nectars don't leave any weird feeling that I can remember either. Dietary protein is not all created equal so that may have something to do with it.

As for energy...what energy? I am a week out (yesterday) and returned to work yesterday. It's a good thing I have what can be a very sedentary job but even that is getting to me today. I may take a bit of a lunch break and go lie back in the car for a while. It would help if I could get more protein and water in, probably, but there's just not ROOM.

It cracks me up--all these posts about under-eating your sleeve, or stopping at the first sign of fullness, and it feels like all I've done this week is trying to push my sleeve to accept everything I'm supposed to be putting in it. I'm sure it'll balance out in the end but getting there is proving to be quite a challenge.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

econtiff
on 5/1/12 3:40 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Hmmm it's possible. I am drinking EAS ready made shakes in the morning slightly watered down and Isopure in the evening. The powder. 

I start back work tomorrow but only a couple of hours/day. I hope you are able to keep your energy high! Good luck !
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/12 4:05 am
The filmy slime thing is most likely ketosis starting in. I brushed my tongue a lot the first two weeks. However, I notice still that if I drink a Pure Protein RTD, I do get a bit of a slimy thing going. I think it may have a little to do with the exact blend of protein. I know I prefer whey isolate rather than whey concentrate - it's cleaner feeling in the mouth.

You're going to be tired. You've just had major surgery. Your body is healing. Resting will be beneficial for you. Get as much rest as you need. Plus, it's good for the soul! How often do any of us really get to indulge in resting? Take advantage of it while you can.
AdeanaMarie
on 5/1/12 6:11 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I had the film when I was doing 2.5-3 shakes a day. Now I only do 1 1/2 all at once over a two hour time frame in the morning. Not as much film now and not sure why.

I hear the low energy is totally normal and my doctor even warned me about it. However, I have had the exact opposite when it comes to energy. I have had non-stop energy and have not taken a nap since two days after surgery. I do get a good 8 hours a night though. Maybe I am not exercising enough to get more tired? I was afraid I would be so tired after surgery, but it never happened. I think it is because having so much less calories to digest, my energy is no longer going to my stomach. Also, I have bloodtype, O Negative. Which thrives on protein and a low sugar diet, so that is probably a huge factor for me as well. I had a huge candida problem (yeast overgrowth throughout my body pre surgery) and that zaps energy a ton. Now that I am basically very low carb/high protein, my body is loving it. Praise God.

Don't worry, your body adjusts over time. Best wishes!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views