How are things going for you

Suzanne B.
on 5/1/12 2:12 pm, edited 5/1/12 2:13 pm - OR
Hi Everyone,  

I hope all of you that have recently had weight loss surgery are doing great. Just remember there are many of us out here that have been down the road ahead of you. We are here to support you and cheer you on. There were days when I first had weight loss surgery that I thought “oh my goodness" what have I done? That only lasted a brief moment. When the weight started to come off I knew that I had done the right thing. Each day just kept getting better and better. So please ask questions or just let us know how you are doing. There is NEVER A WRONG question.   

If you are sitting out there reading all these posts and never jump in and say anything and you can’t make up your mind if weight loss surgery is for you. Do NOT give another day away of your life being fat and unhealthy. Ask all kind of question and find the right doctor for you. I have a favorite doctor and most of us are willing to tell you about our experience about our surgery and our doctor. Most of us all had the same feelings you are having.   

I had a disease and it is called obesity. If I needed surgery for anything else in my body and a doctor said I needed it, I wouldn’t have thought twice about having. You have an illness and WLS can help you and it is going to last a lifetime. It does require work on your part on your part, by making good food choices. I also exercise. Walking is the exercise that works for me. I never feel deprived when it comes to eating. PLEASE, don’t waste your summer and another day of your life wishing you would have had this weight loss surgery.   

If I can answer any questions for you, then please ask away. I will be open and honest with you.  

Hugs,
Suzanne
Sleeved 10/21/2008
Lost 105 pounds and have kept it off
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
TonjaTLC
on 5/1/12 2:31 pm - Southlake, TX
 Thank you for your post!  I am 4 weeks out tomorrow!  Best thing ever this surgery is!!!
Surgery Date:  April 4, 2012 Offical Starting Weight: 304      
Suzanne B.
on 5/1/12 3:26 pm - OR
On May 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM Pacific Time, TonjaTLC wrote:
 Thank you for your post!  I am 4 weeks out tomorrow!  Best thing ever this surgery is!!!
 This is great news. I am so happy that this has been the best thing you have done for yourself. I feel the same way. 
Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MargeAD
on 5/1/12 2:35 pm - CA
Well said. Thanks for your perspective from "down the road"

Suzanne B.
on 5/1/12 3:27 pm - OR
On May 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM Pacific Time, MargeAD wrote:
Well said. Thanks for your perspective from "down the road"
 Hi, thanks for the nice words.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Trista1975
on 5/1/12 3:00 pm - Kuna, ID
Hi! Thank you for your post. I just got confirmation today that my surgery date will be June 26. I'm really excited but pretty nervous too. Does anyone know of an excellent book with lots of info in one spot? I'm kind of a reader and I'd like to start bringing into the cupboards anything that I might need post surgery when I get home. From what I've read (and I've only been on here today) it sounds like it's going to be a rough road, but well worth the reward.  Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Suzanne B.
on 5/1/12 3:22 pm - OR
On May 1, 2012 at 10:00 PM Pacific Time, Trista1975 wrote:
Hi! Thank you for your post. I just got confirmation today that my surgery date will be June 26. I'm really excited but pretty nervous too. Does anyone know of an excellent book with lots of info in one spot? I'm kind of a reader and I'd like to start bringing into the cupboards anything that I might need post surgery when I get home. From what I've read (and I've only been on here today) it sounds like it's going to be a rough road, but well worth the reward.  Any advice is greatly appreciated!
 Hi, just the 1st month after the surgery. That was the hardestt time for me. You doctors office should have a list of food that he wants you to have the 1st month or 6 weeks. Check with them. It is very normal to have all kinds of feelings and emotions. I am always here if you need anything.
Congrats on your approval.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Marabell
on 5/2/12 1:05 am
VSG on 06/07/12
I agree with pushmug.....it is very comforting to know that there are individuals such as yourself that don't sugar coat things....but DO offer constructive criticism...sound advice....and refined discussion. Thank you for being here for us Suzanne.

Suzanne B.
on 5/2/12 10:34 am - OR
On May 2, 2012 at 8:05 AM Pacific Time, Marabell wrote:
I agree with pushmug.....it is very comforting to know that there are individuals such as yourself that don't sugar coat things....but DO offer constructive criticism...sound advice....and refined discussion. Thank you for being here for us Suzanne.
Awww, you just made my day.  Thanks for all the nice things you said.  I found that being honest and telling it like it is, works best for me.  This is not a magical cure, it does require work and effort on your part.  But the prize at the end is ALL worth the work and effort. 

Hugs, to you and always know I am out here for anything you need.
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
mauigirl2
on 5/1/12 5:00 pm - kihei, HI
This was a great link I got on these boards a few weeks ago.

http://www.forestparkfrisco.com/media/pdf/bypass-sleeve-education-manual.pdf
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views