Surgery in 1 week!!!

Somayeh
on 5/1/12 10:55 pm - Fountian Valley, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
Hey gang!

I just wanted to throw it out into the universe that I'm having surgery in 1 week!!!!! It all came together very suddenly for me, so I'm having a bit of a hard time letting it sink in & feeling lilke it's real. I've struggled with my preop diet a bit lately, so I will be soaking up all the support on this board to get me through this week!

I need a mantra to help me with my sugar addiction. Something to remind myself why I'm doing this when I start to get the chocolate cravings. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Somayeh
Defining success by behaviors, feelings and NSVs!        
gmb87
on 5/1/12 11:47 pm - East Aurora, NY
VSG on 01/10/12
Somayeh,

Check out the saying above my weight tickers. It is a whole lot of truth to get your head in the game. Mentally as well as physically this is a big change and the physical part takes care of it self but your the one in control if your mind.

I have had a time with the mind part, but It is a daily thing to live the way your susposed to, easy to slip, but not impossible to come back from.

Good luck and congrats.
Remember  it's bariactric surgery, not brain surgery! You need to get your head in the game!!!!                      
Cortnee Z.
on 5/2/12 12:18 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
Yay on getting a date!! That's awesome!! I know it's hard to get in the game, but I think now that you are having to do it next week it will sink in!! Just tell yourself you can't have sugar if you want surgery. That helped for me. I was so afraid of the Dr. looking at my labs and saying "Uh, excuse me Ms. Jones, but you are not allowed to have surgery now because you SCREWED UP BIG!" But that didn't happen of course and it won't for you, but it's a nice mind game :) lol!!

Take care and hang in there!! Maybe everytime you think about having sugar have some water or more to drink?!?  That may help also?

Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views