I Need Sleep!

econtiff
on 5/10/12 7:31 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 My body is so sensitive to the amount of sleep I get when losing weight. Due to various issues, I haven't gotten very much sleep the past 2 nights and the scale is showing it. 

Im tired and not thinner! Terrible combo. You can bet this weekend I'll be snoozing away. 

Just had to vent. Weird how sensitive my body is to it though. 
Sara M.
on 5/10/12 10:41 pm - CA
VSG on 03/06/12
Sorry about the lack of sleep.  I've not had much luck in the sleep department lately either.

Consult: 270   Surgery: 256   1 Month: 237    2 Mos: 223   3 Mos: 208    4 Mos: 198
5 Mos: 188    6 Mos:178     7 Mos: 169
louisamay
on 5/10/12 11:24 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
Good luck with that.  I have had some difficulty sleeping and have taken benadryl which has helped a lot.  But it sounds like your problems are external, not internal!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Snowberry
on 5/11/12 12:34 am
VSG on 04/10/12
 I'm really glad to know I'm not the only one using Benadryl for that.  I am really taking it for my allergies, but am enjoying how easily I fall asleep at night when I do.

louisamay
on 5/11/12 1:17 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Benadryl is the "sleep" ingredient in Tylenol PM and such over-the-counter meds.  If you take it long enough it will eventually kick back on you and stop working (for sleep) but that takes awhile.

The way I finally got my post-hysterectomy sleep issues under control was Melatonin.  My gyn told me to take it for 3 weeks, at least, maybe 4.  And then stop.  Sure enough, after I'd been on it awhile it started working and when I stopped my body was back in rhythm.  She said that in her experience you might have to repeat every six or nine months, and yes, that happened, too!  But it worked!

Lorelei52462
on 5/10/12 11:58 pm - Port Arthur, TX
VSG on 04/24/12
I hear ya!  What's the deal with this???  I tried not taking anything last night and I had the worst night!  Back to Benadryl or Tylenol PM tonight for me and hopefully a nap today for me.
louisamay
on 5/11/12 1:19 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I have avoided naps since surgery, after the first few days.  I'm afraid I won't sleep at night! 

My surgeon warned me of exhaustion but I haven't experienced it. OTOH, I am getting in plenty of protein and water which may make a difference, and since I'm not working outside the home right now I don't have that to wear me out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views