home & sleeved!! :)

sarahr0
on 5/18/12 7:27 am
VSG on 05/16/12
 went for my sleeve and galbladder surgery on wednesday. everything went really well. that barium stuff is the worst!!!! :/ i ended up throwing it back up :(  anyway.. started liquids yesterday and came home today. when i got home.. i wanted to try some protein shakes.. well my dr wants me to shoot for 1oz of fluids every 15 minutes. so far i have taken down 3oz of protein and have diahera twice already... what gives? anyone else have that problem?

Sarah . 28yr . 5'0 . Female . Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania 
SW: 244.1 Surgery day weight:(5-16-12) 231.3   CW: 189.2   GW: 120lbs

EliseG
on 5/18/12 8:27 am - MA
Yes, I had that problem the entire time I was on liquids, it was awful. I started soft foods on Wednesday, it has gotten a little bit better, but I'm still having mostly liquids because I'm sort of scared to eat. My NUT said as I start to introduce more soft solids it will get better.

Cortnee Z.
on 5/18/12 9:34 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
Hey girl!! SO happy for you! sounds like you are right on track!! And the runs are totally normal cause all you are putting in are liquids. It will get better on solids!! Just be glad you are going. Some of us don't or couldn't at that point!!

Congrats! 
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
mauigirl2
on 5/19/12 1:40 pm - kihei, HI
I am back also... and things went okay.  I did the protein for the first time today

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views