Shock!(A good one)

prairie-dog-girl
on 5/18/12 11:51 pm
I,m in the beginning of the WLS process. Meeting with the nurse coordinator after the required all day class, she told me my HMO was one of the worst for making the process lenghty and difficult. She also told me it would probaly be a year before surgery as they required a 6-12 month medically supervised diet. Imagine my shock  when the insurance company called yesterday to say I was approved and I asked her about the diet and she said that criteria had been eliminated.She said I  had to see the surgeon,nutritionist and exercise class and could probably have the surgery in few months. Although I've already made some changes such as exercising and not using straws, I still have the diet coke/sweets habit. I'm 100% certain I want to do this,but, I now have a much shorter window to get to where I need to be at surgery time mentally/physically. Any suggestions are appreciated.Thanks!
Sandy76
on 5/19/12 12:36 am - OK
VSG on 05/29/12
 I have great insurance they cover sleeve. But over half way thru process with my doctors appts seminar diet and exercise my insurance said my two surgeons are out of. Network. Never had this come up with any other type surgeon. But, I was so confident in my surgeons that I stayed with them and am paying out of pocket. So I really knew I wanted it. I don't drink op or diet pop once I stopped I feel so much better without it. 
Sandy

bluemems
on 5/19/12 3:32 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
I was a very heavy diet Dr. Pepper drinker before surgery.  I think when you are really ready for surgery and you really want it, it becomes easier.  Two days before surgery I had my last soda - there is one left in the fridge.  I am almost 3 weeks out from surgery and have not had any desire to have a soda.  Making sure this is what you really want it the best way to mentally prepare yourself. 

prairie-dog-girl
on 5/19/12 3:44 am
If you don't mind my asking, is your recovery going well?
PrettyEyes_41
on 5/19/12 3:44 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
I drank my last soda and had my last sweet a few months ago. I got a case of water, several boxes of different flavors of Crystal Light and have been a convert almost over night. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I want my health more so the justification was real high. I also quit smoking and have lost some weight during my 6 mo pre-surgery diet. It can all be done if you want it. My best suggestion is to start reading everything that you can and read past posts for as far back as you can go. Very interesting, very informative and very helpful information. Log in and read everyday to keep the support in your head. We are here for you. And although I haven't had my surgery yet (will be june 8th) I've been on here for awhile and read something every day, even if I don't post much.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views