5 days post op and feeling GREAT

sarahr0
on 5/20/12 10:29 am
VSG on 05/16/12
I had my sleeve & galbladder out on Wednesday May 16.. and I honestly couldnt feel better. I have had little to no pain at all... no pain meds needed while im home. No problems keeping liquids and protein down.. I do need to work on getting some more in though.

've been out and about  all weekend and feeling good.  I just keep telling myself to not over do it because i feel so good. I've been in good spirits about this whole procedure since day 1.. obviously i had some nervous tears leaving my parents wednesday morning but everything else has been nothing but happniess.  

While in the hospital i was given hepprin to provent bloodclots and wore the air compressions on my legs.. they ended up taking them off me the first night because i was being pumped with so much liquids that every 2 hours like clockwork I had to go to the bathroom and kept having to call the nurse.  They agreed that i am moving around enough that i dont need to wear them.  Honestly the worst part of my whole hospital stay was going for the Xray... I couldnt stomach the barium. Took 2 big sips..  ended up spitting it up after they got the Xray.. went back to the room and threw the rest up :/  soo gross! 

My pre liquid diet weight was 244.1.  Day of Sugery was 231.3 and Today is 225.9 for a grand total of 18.2 in just about 3 weeks. 5.4 from surgery day !  I'm not even far in my journey and I already know this was the best decision of my life! thank you for all your support and encouragement!!!! xoxoxoox

Sarah . 28yr . 5'0 . Female . Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania 
SW: 244.1 Surgery day weight:(5-16-12) 231.3   CW: 189.2   GW: 120lbs

SleevingBeauty
on 5/20/12 10:35 am - JONESBORO, GA
VSG on 09/10/12
Congrats Chica!!! I'm glad your doing and feeling so well, that's awesome! I can't wait until my big day.

moonglo82
on 5/20/12 10:36 am
VSG on 03/29/12
That's awesome, especially considering you are undoubtedly still swollen from all the gas they used to inflate your abdominal cavity for the surgery.

Keep moving, but be careful to not overdo things starting out. You don't want to wear yourself out too soon.

Glad you're doing so well. Keep up the great work!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

pparks3215
on 5/20/12 10:41 am - DC
VSG on 05/15/12 with
Howdy there!! I was sleeved Tuesday myself. I'm feeling good myself. I got out yesterday it went well but I pooped by the end of the. I'm getting my fluids and 2 protein drinks my self.

Congrats!! We are on our way!

HT: 5'8.5"  HW: 333   CW: 232  SW: 299  GW: 180                                      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views