Help! Can't stomach my vitamins!!!

tiamarie75
on 5/21/12 8:19 am - NV
So for the last week now, every single time I try and take my vitamins I pretty much throw them back up, or dry heave when I open the container. They are not chewables, I wish they were. They are actually dissolving crystals that can be put in water, tea, etc... Which sounds ideal, But I have tried EVERYTHING and cannot stomach them, pun intended!!!  What types of  Vitamins does everyone else use?  My brand is called Bariatric Advantage from Metagenics, Wild Berry Crystals.  I need some suggestions. I'm still waiting for my dietician to get back to me. But I don't want to be at their mercy to use ONLY their products, especially if she doesn't have any other recommendations!

Thanks!

countrytat
on 5/21/12 8:30 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
I had and still have problems with pills/vitamins....I know most will say that the gummies suck, but thats what I use..... I use gummy vitamins, an iron pill...they are small and easy to swallow, and a sublingual B-complex with b-12 in it..... and my labs came back perfect....you could try the gummies and see how they work for you.

Krissy_67
on 5/21/12 8:43 am
VSG on 04/17/12
I take horse pills that gag the hell outta me!!!! If I didn't taste them for so long after taking them it wouldn't be so bad but they are HORRIBLE!!!!! They make me feel sick for quite a while after taking them too...

Cortnee Z.
on 5/21/12 9:22 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
Before surgery I bought some gummy chewies but wasn't sure if they were the best. Right before surgery I bought some regular chewables from bariatric choice but didn't take them until 3-4 weeks post-op. First and ONLY time I ever threw up with my sleeve! I was mortified. I sent them back. Once they come back up - that's it for me. Anyway, I went back to my gummy chews and haven't had a problem. Unfortunately, you may have to try different ones until you are comfortable. 

Just make sure you can return whatever you buy. I think the powdery ones are too chalky or something, but the gummies are not as strong, in my opinion.

Good luck :)
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
tiamarie75
on 5/21/12 9:42 am - NV
Thanks everyone! Does anyone have any brands that I could try???

hwag5149
on 5/21/12 10:05 am
Try some liquids. Chewables were making me gag. Sublinguals aren't too bad if the taste is decent. I do regular pills now because after a while I kept forgetting the liquids in my rush out the door in the morning. If nothing else, I would do gummies too.

For a while, my pills were making me gag and it was a mental thing. Make sure you take your vitamins with food. When I was taking zinc it would make me very sick and I will never touch the stuff again.

You don't have to only use their products just make sure you use things with similar amounts of each type of vitamin.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

slimpickins5280
on 5/21/12 10:19 am - CO
I have yet to find a gummy multi-vitamin that has Iron - that's why I stay away from them. I'm sure someone out there knows of one. Maybe they can suggest it.

I take Centrum chewable multivitamins.

All vitamins taste like **** Try taking them with food. Try taking them without food.

Good luck. I'm one of the weird ones that doesn't mind the vitamins.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

collegefootballmom79
on 5/21/12 10:33 am - Hutto, TX
VSG on 10/05/10 with
OK laugh if you want....but I took Flintstone Complete chewable.  They are tasty and actually my doctors office recommended them.  I only took them a couple of months until I was able to eat anything.  I now only take a B12 and  D3 supplement.  Walmart carries them for around $5.

tiamarie75
on 5/21/12 12:45 pm - NV
THANKS! Totally not laughing and you are NOT The first one to say so.  How many did you take a day? For adults it says to only take one, but that seems like it should be more, I don't know!

collegefootballmom79
on 5/21/12 10:28 pm - Hutto, TX
VSG on 10/05/10 with
I only took one a day.  I just noticed that you're starting at 230 lbs and have just about the same goal as me.  You can do this.  Everyday gets easier. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 449 views