Surgery tomorrow at 11:45

shawne22
on 5/21/12 5:51 am - MD

I was pretty o****il the surgery department called and told me to be there at 8:45 and I was scheduled for surgery at 11:45 now I am sooooooooooo very nervous. Not about the procedure itself but I hate being put to sleep, scares the crap outta me. All of a sudden I feel so unprepared for this although I am very much physically prepared. Best of luck for all scheduled for tomorrow:)

SkinnyMama123
on 5/21/12 5:59 am - LA
VSG on 05/07/12
 Hang in there. It'll be over before you know it. Best of luck! Katie
shaylynn
on 5/21/12 5:59 am
Oh my gosh...I just got my call about 5 minutes ago. I am sooooo nervous also. Should we be this scared? I guess because it is so close to the spleen that scares me and also blood clots always scare me. Not the being put to sleep part. I just look at that as a nice rest. How long did they say you will have to stay there? They told me 3 days which surprises me being I thought it would only be 2. Yikks talk to me!!!!!
shawne22
on 5/21/12 6:05 am - MD
Yeah i'm scared of clots too but having had two c-sections and no problems i'm less worried about that.  My surgeon said I can expect to stay two days. I'm sure we'll be fine it's just not really knowing what to expect that has my stoma*****nots lol. I only had to do one day (today) of pre-op liquids and i'm not really hungry just bored with the variety or lack there of. Did you have to do the two week pre- op diet?
shaylynn
on 5/21/12 6:50 am
NO, actually I have the lapband which has slipped and so they want to take it out. We talked about the sleeve on Wed and I just got a call today saying surgery tomorrow. No, yes I ate. Nachos of all things. I told him and he laughed and told me to just stay on clear liquids the rest of the day. Uggg.........so nervous. I have a beautiful husband and son that I need to take care of. But this is good. Yes, don't you all agree?
Snowberry
on 5/21/12 6:02 am
VSG on 04/10/12
 I think it's normal to be nervous.  I know I was.  But I didn't even realize they were putting me to sleep when they did.  I was just chatting with the nurses and anesthesiologist and the next thing I knew, I woke up in my room...all done.  Whatever was in my IV worked FAST.

Also, I knew I was a big baby, so when I talked to the anesthesiologist before surgery I told him I was scared and that I afraid of vomiting, so he gave me an extra sedative and anti-nausea medication in my IV while I was waiting for surgery, so I was very relaxed.

hurleygirlie
on 5/21/12 6:06 am
VSG on 05/22/12 with
I just got back from pre-op bloodwork and EKG, and also a visit with my surgeon.  I'm scheduled to be at the hospital at 11:30, unless they are running early and they call me before that.  I'm so excited.....the only thing that would have been better was hearing them say, let's go ahead and do it now ;o)

Tomorrow is a great day to begin our new journey - I'll be looking for your update on the other side!

Good Luck!

Jane

sutherngrl94
on 5/21/12 6:17 am - Raleigh, NC
I was nervous too!!  I got my IV and the next thing I new I was trying to wake up in my room!  It is literally over before you know it.  It is extremely normal to be nervous.  You know it's coming but now is real.  That's the way I felt anyway.  This is the beginning of your new life and it's very exciting.  This is the time to get your head in the game and think about yourself.  It's all about you.  Just do what the docs and nurses tell you to do and you will be just fine.

We're all here for you when you get back!  Good luck!

terithecook
on 5/21/12 6:19 am - NY
good luck tomorrow!  I can't wait to hear how well you are going to do! 

EMMAVSG
on 5/21/12 6:40 am
GOODLUCK , i hope you have a speedy recovery...dont worry youll be ok and your in my prayers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views