Avoidance

econtiff
on 5/22/12 5:53 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Oh man. So much is going on right now. It's only Tuesday and somehow I feel like I have set my week up for failure. Instead of going to do my work out as soon as I planned I started screwing around and wasting time. 

Im also about to take a nap. I only got 5 hours of sleep last night and I cannot function like this. Problem is I'm realizing I think I'm using sleep to avoid feeling overwhelmed which is like the most counterintuitive thing you can do. I need to be working on x,y or z but instead I say I'm exhausted and go lie down. I am stress sleeping instead of stress eating. The last 2 days have been so crazy and I'm frustrated and not even wanting to eat or drink my protein. 

I know what's wrong. I'm overwhelmed. It's not all bad stuff. It's some good freelance opportunities but I think I'm putting myself out there to get rejected so maybe that's why I'm freaking and avoiding all this by sleeping? Knowing its just going to make it worse bc I'll be up tonight working and start the vicious cycle over again. 

Okay so I gotta snap outta this. I can't use food or sleeping to cope. 

Sorry for the rant. *sigh*
rhearob
on 5/22/12 5:58 am - TN
 No problems Tiff.  You haven't set yourself up for failure.  I woudl say the exact opposite - I would say you have set yourself up for success.

By facing yourself and your bahviors and looking at yourself critically.  Good Job.

You know what you need to do, now its just time to execute.  You can do that.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

econtiff
on 5/22/12 10:23 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Thank you. I think sometimes the hardest thing to deal with is ourselves. ;)
louisamay
on 5/22/12 7:08 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Don't forget that your surgery is still recent and your body is still trying to figure out wtf just happened.  You may need some extra sleep.  Sometimes a cigar is a cigar!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

econtiff
on 5/22/12 10:23 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
Thanks lady. How are you feeling ? 
ronniesnana
on 5/22/12 8:04 am
So rant already!!! I have also been overwhelmed. I am getting divorced, a house to take care of, a full time job and cant get insurance to cover my surgery. I need bilateral knee replacements. So just realize it is going to get better. and hang in there.
econtiff
on 5/22/12 10:24 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Yikes! I hope it all works out! Keep me updated!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views