darn

shaunna28306
on 5/28/12 4:15 am

Went to the ER last night and found out that my Doc made my sleeve to small. Now I have something called a stricture. They are going to try to fix it tomorrow non surgical but if that does not work i have to go through surgery again.

This sucks

PaulaS
on 5/28/12 4:17 am, edited 5/28/12 4:21 am - TX
I think you can have a stricture regardless of the size of your sleeve and that it does not mean your sleeve is too small.   You can even have one with NO surgery.    

Hopefully some of the more informed vets will chime in on this...

Is your surgeon going to fix it, or someone else?  

Do a search for VSG stricture and you will see lots of info on this.   

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
louisamay
on 5/28/12 7:30 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I'm sorry to hear that.  It sounds like you're having a really difficult time.

But I'm sure that things will get better, and once you get past this you'll be able to use your sleeve the way it was meant to be.

Good luck!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

emelar
on 5/28/12 8:12 am - TX
A stricture is your stomach forming scar tissue that's blocking food/drink from getting in.  Usually, an EGD (or two or three) will clear it up.  Don't think I've ever heard of anyone having additional surgery to fix it.

Folks usually feel much better after the EGD.  Hope it works for you!
moonglo82
on 5/28/12 9:51 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Sorry you're feeling so rough right now, but I'm glad you're getting it taken care of. Feel better soon!

PS- strictures can happen to anyone, regardless of sleeve size, is my understanding as well.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

shaunna28306
on 5/28/12 11:36 pm
Thanks guys,

You guys are such a great support system. I meet with the surgeon today. I iwll keep you guys posted.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views